Contribute
Register

Mavericks 10.9 and Multibeast Overclock broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hy andymcandy,
can you help me with my overclock??
I have the same motherboard as you and I do not get to see the overclock since I update the bios.

I have the same problem... I thought that maybe is for Chime bootloader. I have install Clover and the problem persistent.

Ok, I'm going to disable EIST in BIOS....moment...

Confirmed, is EIST problem. Now, overclocking its WORKS!

Disable EIST from BIOS guys!

PD: Now I want chimera, dont like Clover, ****....

I think I have disabled the EIST in the bios and still not working
You have to do something else??
You file the MB6 SSDT?

Hy andymcandy,
can you help me with my overclock??
I have the same motherboard as you and I do not get to see the overclock since I update the bios.

For 4.2ghz, in the UEFI bios I set turbos 1-4 to 42, 42, 42, 43 <--one has to be higher or lower (41 also works, but it maxes out at 4.1ghz) and disabled EIST (I had to disable this for Mavericks but left it enabled in ML).

In multibeast I used the overclocked i5/i7 SSDT and the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, which removes nullcpu. I'm using Mac Pro 3,1 smbios right now for Mavericks, but iMac 12,2 worked for me too, and I had Mac Mini 5,1 working in ML and I think it had more speed steps.

"About this Mac" shows i5 @ 4.2ghz, and HW Monitor shows 1.6ghz at idle and 4.2ghz under load. Geekbench is 12000 with my setup.

Hey AndyMcAndy,

• Will that Multibeast patch work with my 4770K?
• What software are you using to monitor the hardware in detail?

For 4.2ghz, in the UEFI bios I set turbos 1-4 to 42, 42, 42, 43 <--one has to be higher or lower (41 also works, but it maxes out at 4.1ghz) and disabled EIST (I had to disable this for Mavericks but left it enabled in ML).

In multibeast I used the overclocked i5/i7 SSDT and the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, which removes nullcpu. I'm using Mac Pro 3,1 smbios right now for Mavericks, but iMac 12,2 worked for me too, and I had Mac Mini 5,1 working in ML and I think it had more speed steps.

"About this Mac" shows i5 @ 4.2ghz, and HW Monitor shows 1.6ghz at idle and 4.2ghz under load. Geekbench is 12000 with my setup.

I have the same problem... I thought that maybe is for Chime bootloader. I have install Clover and the problem persistent.

Ok, I'm going to disable EIST in BIOS....moment...

Confirmed, is EIST problem. Now, overclocking its WORKS!

Disable EIST from BIOS guys!

PD: Now I want chimera, dont like Clover, ****....

Thanks! Disabling EIST worked for me.. :) 'About this Mac' still only shows 4.3Ghz, but if I check HWMonitor I can see it going all the way up to 4.8Ghz when I put some load on it (in Terminal type yes > /dev/null), like it's set in BIOS.

i5 3570k / GA Z77 UD3H

Hey guys, I am having problems with OCing on OSX 10.9.1 as well.
I disabled EIST and took out NullCpuPowerMangagement and tried with atched appleintelcpupowermanagement, and with none of them. I can still boot just fine and haven't had any problems.

MoBo is Asus P9X79 Pro
Bios is updated to 4502
CPU i7 3930K

Hi,
Worked for me to disable EIST and apply the patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.
Thanks

Mobo Z77-DS3H
i5 2500k -> 4,2Ghz
16Go Corsair RAM 1600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back