Graphics
GeForce GTX 570 HD
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My overcock with DSDT worked fine on 10.8.5 and for some reason after the update and new multibeast, it won't go past 3.5.

I have:
asus p8z68-v pro/gen3
Intel i7
I'm not sure what else i should post to help out.

Did i miss something in the upgrade that i need to delete? or Null?

Hi Draken

I don't really have the answer to your question, but I hope you can help me out.

I have the exact same MB (Asus P8Z68-V Pro GEN 3) - I'm going to try and download and install Mavericks, was it straightforward on this board? Did you use the same Multibeast settings as when installing ML? Once I have a stable system w/o OC, I will probably go back and tweak it...

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Yes, i had no problems at all. actually the bluetooth worked and lan worked before even using Multi-beast, that was cool. But i did go and use the new multi-beast with he same settings i used in previous OS X updates, but now the only thing that doesn't work is the Over clock.
Hopefully someone knows a trick or something to get it going again. I will keep looking as well

Draken,

I've followed you on tonymacx86 for a couple of years since you are using the same board, processor, and (at least according to your signature) video card (Radeon HD 6870) as I am.

I have not been able to get 10.9 to boot after install. I have a patched UFEI BIOS and have extracted my own DSDT. I have always selected the With DSDT ALC892 for audio. Other than that, I've left it plain vanilla.

Could you share the Multibeast settings you have used to get 10.9 up and running?

Many Thanks in advance!

How far do you get with the install? I did a complete re-install from scratch, not an upgrade. Here is how i did it.
BTW i no longer have the 6870 in my mac, i have the GeForce 570. so i had to use some flags also.

So After i follow the basic install instructions (listed on the main 10.9 page install page HERE:http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html)
i had to go into the asus advanced setup and save your current O.C. profile that works. THen make load optimized defaults. Go in and make sure that AHCI, and UEFI are correct, and that's it for the "Basic Profile" for install. Then you will want to unplug DVI or whatever cables that go to your video card, and plug directly into your boards video. turn it on, boot from the USB and you should get in to the install and get everything back up. Then with it booted back up, i was able to get it going by using IGPEnabler=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes at the chimera screen. Once in i ran Multibeast and choose DSDT, With DSDT 892, IntelE1000e for network, and trim enabler (i have a Samsung 840 Pro SSD) and FakeSMC, FAKESMC Plugins and HWMonitor. I will double check and post it when i get home for sure. i may be missing something.

Then change your bios settings back to the OC profile you originally had

My overcock with DSDT worked fine on 10.8.5 and for some reason after the update and new multibeast, it won't go past 3.5.

I have:
asus p8z68-v pro/gen3
Intel i7
I'm not sure what else i should post to help out.

Did i miss something in the upgrade that i need to delete? or Null?
So I am running into a similar issue if anyone can help. Here is what I have and have done:

Asus p8p67 Deluxe Bios FW 2103
i7 2600k
Overclocked to 4.8 (turbo ratio)

Downloaded 10.9, used Unibeast to install, MultiBeast options: DSDT for my motherboard, RealTek ALC889, 10.9 Trim patch, FakeSMC Plugins and HWMonitor (how I know its not over clocking), NullCPUPowermanagement, USB3, Intel and Realtek NICs, Chimeria v2.2.1 (I think... whatever the default is), and GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

My system is working fine, but when I look in HWMonitor it only shows 1.6Ghz or 3.4Ghz. Anybody have any ideas why it won't step up the clock?

Thanks!!

So i got my Overclock to work by removing NullCPUPowerManagement and then restarting using the -f flag to reset the lexts and it kicked in. Not sure if that was it or not, but everything is working now.

So i got my Overclock to work by removing NullCPUPowerManagement and then restarting using the -f flag to reset the lexts and it kicked in. Not sure if that was it or not, but everything is working now.

Thank for the update... When I pull out my NullCPUPowerManagement kext I can't even boot... Anybody else have any luck?

Thank for the update... When I pull out my NullCPUPowerManagement kext I can't even boot... Anybody else have any luck?

I have the exact same setup as you, 2600k at 4.8, and I am in the same situation. I can get mine to boot without NullCPUPowerManagement, but then as soon as I change anything - Graphics Mode, System Definition, plug in my windows drive - literally anything - then it will not boot (CPUPowerManagement and P-State kernel panics). Everything worked great in 10.8, going to keep playing with it today. Let us know if you find anything and I will do the same!

I'm having the same problem. I can't boot without nullcpu (kp), and I think that prevents the oc somehow. Was running 4.2ghz in 10.8.5 fine. My geekbench score went down like 2000 points, but at least everything else is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back