Contribute
Register

Mavericks (10.9.5) and Security Update 2015 - 002 NVIDIA Drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Rampage IV Extreme X79
CPU
i7-4930K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

As the latest security update broke the nvidia drivers for both Yosemite and Mavericks, will I be forced to upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite to get the nvidia drivers to work normally again?
I'm running with an edited plist for now to get the drivers to work.

It seems they only updated them for Yosemite. I haven't found anything new for Mavericks at least.

Thanks in advance!

Hey mate,

I have WebDriver-334.01.03f01 installed. The sec update broke my video, too. I managed to get it working again with the help from this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...rivers-security-update-2015-002-broken-2.html

I ran
sudo nano /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

Then found this part:

<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>XXXXX</string>

And changed it to 13F34 (this is what the Nvidia driver is expecting to see).

Permissions + rebuilt caches and reboot, as usual.
Good luck.

Thank you for your reply guys!

@ml110owner That's exactly what I've done but I just thought that maybe it's not the best solution to change the Build Version in the longer end?

The new drivers doesn't work for Mavericks, only Yosemite. So if i'm right, without changing the build version the only way to get the drivers to work again is to upgrade to Yosemite and install the newly released drivers for Yosemite?

Thank you

Hi,

What he suggests a safer solution in his post, I think. It's better to stick to the latest driver version for 10.9.5 (I think it's 334.01.03f01) with the Info.plist modified accordingly rather than change the OS's Build Version.

And no, we are not getting an updated Nvidia driver for Mavericks.

Thank you. I did as you suggested. It seems like a safer method.

Thank you for your help guys, maybe it's time to upgrade to Yosemite soon after all.

Tried the method from ml110owner. After repairing the permissions, the webdriver wanted me to update. I updated the driver and now I'm "bootlooping".
I'm using Ozmosis Bios on my machine. Any Idea how to fix it? :crazy:

Edit: Had no backup. Changed the version back to "13F34" (thanks to an old screenshot...) and now ists starting again. But still without webdriver...

Mainboard: Z77Mx-D3H Th
CPU: Intel i5 2500K Quad-Core
RAM: 4x 4GB TeamGroup Elite DDR3-1333
Graphics: MSI N460GTX-MD1GD5/OC, 1024MB, GDDR5

His instructions followed exactly, I got my Nvidia drivers back using 10.9.5

"Rather than changing the build version I opted to change info.plist inside /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext to

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>13F1066</string>

Be sure to repair permissions and flush caches or simply use kext utility to do the job."

Did exactly this, my Nvidia drivers are back. Thanks for the excellent, easy, quick tip!

10.9.5, i5-4690S, 16GB, SSD, GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back