Contribute
Register

Mavericks 10.9.1 & Saffire Pro14 - Unstable Firewire Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, Fingers crossed - it is still working incredible well and stable. I am only using the firewire connection - no other connection since day 1. No crackling or any problem with audio at all, none. I noticed that the sleep & shutdown functions sometime does not work and the FW connection led indicator light flickers. But I suppose it is a small price to pay for stability and it seldom happens and it does not happen that often. Just annoying but life goes on. It is still early to tell for sure, I suppose. But so far so good. All the best !

Great news. Everything continues to work well with the NEC chipset!

It has become unstable after upgrading to 10.9.5. It seems that any upgrade is a gamble. I am still on a NEC PCI-E chip which works while the motherboard firewire don't work, which is strange. However, on Win8.1, it is totally stable.

Now, both native motherboard and NEC PCI-X Firewire connection don't work. No idea what else to do. Repaired permissions, downgrade to a lower version of Saffire Control, etc, nothing works.

Mavericks 10.9.5 crashed on me last week and forced to reinstall again.

Thanks goodness the installation to El Capitan went like butter. There wasn't any data loss.

Now the firewire works natively on the motherboard though the PCI card (NEC chip) doesn't seem to work.

It has been running fine for 2 days, fingers crossed.

If you are experiencing problem, maybe upgrading to El Capitan might help you out. Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back