Graphics
Gigabyte NVidia 670
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've essentially spent all day trying to figure this out. This hackintosh had been running 10.8.3-5 without issue. I do a clean install of 10.9.1 and iCloud won't connect on the set up: it gave a General Server Error. Everytime I try to connect via system preferences, it tells me to try again.

I disconnected my WiFi card, and am in via the LAN (to make sure it got the en0 designation).

I have tried half a dozen different permutations of MultiBeast installs, and clean installed when those caused kernel panics.

I got that Chameleon Wizard I read about on these forums, tried to create an SMBios.plist file. I've played with about 2 dozen permutations of serial numbers that generated, none of them working. I "checked" most of them via:
https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
as was indicated to do on one of the posts concerning iCloud and Mavericks. I also tried a few via just rebooting.

At this point, I have absolutely no idea how to connect to iCloud.

Seeing as most of the benefit of Mavericks is for the cloud functionality, this is really frustrating.

Any help or advice at all would be appriciated.

I've installed 10.9.2 now. Still not getting anything. I've got it booting from Chimera, fixed all those basic HPET and DSMOS issues, so it boots without the USB stick.

http://www.osx86.net/topic/19442-guide-get-icloud-app-store-and-imessage-working/

I tried the iCloud fix presented there, but Chimera doesn't add an org.Chameleon.boot.plist file, so I couldn't actually run it successfully. I installed one, but it doesn't appear to be working at all.

Oh, and after doing a google search on what Chimera boot loader is supposed to look like. That hasn't been installing for me. I get a text screen with a choice of boot drives.

So I guess my real problem is that Chimera isn't working.

EDIT: I tried the Stand alone installer for Chimera. It runs. Says it was successful. I still don't have anything in my Extra folder, and when my hard drive does boot, I get the same text screen.

How does one troubleshoot Chimera? Because it doesn't seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back