Contribute
Register

Maverick is released for free! To Those Who Bought Previous Versions of OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maverick is released for free!

Updating! Thanks RehabMan ^^

Can I upgrade from 10.8.4 to 10.9 ? It'd kill me to reinstall every apps and put docs, other data,... in place (in case of fresh installation).
Right now I am downloading Mavericks and about to create a new Unibeast Mavericks installer USB drive.

Can I use the kexts from probook installer 6.1 ? They are marked as for 10.8.5 and I already have 10.9 with some issues. Maybe it's just cache related but maybe I'm using wrong kexts.

Can I upgrade from 10.8.4 to 10.9 ? It'd kill me to reinstall every apps and put docs, other data,... in place (in case of fresh installation).
Right now I am downloading Mavericks and about to create a new Unibeast Mavericks installer USB drive.

I upgraded form 10.8.5 without issue. Please read the guide for procedures.

Can I use the kexts from probook installer 6.1 ? They are marked as for 10.8.5 and I already have 10.9 with some issues. Maybe it's just cache related but maybe I'm using wrong kexts.

That would not be a good idea. Use the latest Probook Installer per the procedures detailed in the guide.

That would not be a good idea. Use the latest Probook Installer per the procedures detailed in the guide.

I followed a link from the guide and it got me to the installer 6.1 which is for 10.8.5 max.
Where do I find the latest installer ?

EDIT: I found the beta 6.1.9 so it works now... also it should say somewhere there that it supports 10.9 because it is confusing a bit :)

Yes, a bit more work to recreate Platforms.xml and layout.xml.

Please let us know so the Platforms.xml.zlib and layout12.xml.zlib files can be placed in the ProBook Installer for this codec (or perhaps you haven't noticed we have expanded the list of ProBooks the installer can handle?).
Still no go with the Line-in, i am starting to think the issue is at the binary level, because I tried more then once...
Anyways, here is the latest AppleHDA, working the same way as it used on 10.8...

Attachments

• 10.9.0 6x70b AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 117

Just want to ask, so far how have the upgrades been going? I found out my model was a bulk order for a company hence its specs are slightly different from everyone else. Also any speed upgrades without changing hardware? i.e their new memory tech they were on about on the june iOS7/Mavericks event.

emmy.

Still no go with the Line-in, i am starting to think the issue is at the binary level, because I tried more then once...
Anyways, here is the latest AppleHDA, working the same way as it used on 10.8...

This one has a different Platforms.xml.zlib than the one we currently have. I will decompress and compare later.

Edit: Actually it is the same. The compression must just have made it different...

This one has a different Platforms.xml.zlib than the one we currently have. I will decompress and compare later.
I found out something interesting...
I can use 4x40_ml.zip from the Installer, all I need to do is change the codec-ID in the layout12.xml to match mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back