Contribute
Register

Maverick is released for free! To Those Who Bought Previous Versions of OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maverick is released for free!

This is what i am waiting for, a solution to upgrade directly from 10.8.5 to 10.9

I'm cloning my OSX Drive to 2nd HDD (just for backup in DVD Caddy) with CCC so I'm on save side if something goes wrong.
Also I can also do clean install and restore all data from backup to 10.9.

Just finished with the install, all seems fine (i left the appleHDA for another day, since that can be a bit time consuming)... Will be able to say more in the coming days.

Just finished with the install, all seems fine (i left the appleHDA for another day, since that can be a bit time consuming)... Will be able to say more in the coming days.

Why would AppleHDA be time consuming?

Why would AppleHDA be time consuming?
Because I still do it by hand and I have my version and another older version that is claimed to have line-in working too, but it doesn't have noise cancelation, so i have to get some time to unite best of both and test it out and is to late for that today... I want to do it right otherwise I will forget about it again.

Because I still do it by hand and I have my version and another older version that is claimed to have line-in working too, but it doesn't have noise cancelation, so i have to get some time to unite best of both and test it out and is to late for that today...

Cool, I'm looking forward to your perfect AppleHDA:)

Because I still do it by hand and I have my version and another older version that is claimed to have line-in working too, but it doesn't have noise cancelation, so i have to get some time to unite best of both and test it out and is to late for that today... I want to do it right otherwise I will forget about it again.

Yes, a bit more work to recreate Platforms.xml and layout.xml.

Please let us know so the Platforms.xml.zlib and layout12.xml.zlib files can be placed in the ProBook Installer for this codec (or perhaps you haven't noticed we have expanded the list of ProBooks the installer can handle?).

Ok i'm slightly confused, i've been using my line in for MONTHS!!!! Lol

Yes, a bit more work to recreate Platforms.xml and layout.xml.

Please let us know so the Platforms.xml.zlib and layout12.xml.zlib files can be placed in the ProBook Installer for this codec (or perhaps you haven't noticed we have expanded the list of ProBooks the installer can handle?).
I saw some discussions but I did not know you did it already, will let u know if I manage to improve it.

Ok i'm slightly confused, i've been using my line in for MONTHS!!!! Lol
We do not have same notebooks....

Yep my bad lol

what about upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9? Or do we have to do fresh install of 10.9?
I'm downloading right now with App Store 10.9, 4.5GB done 12min to go :)

It works (an upgrade from 10.8.5) and I have posted instructions. Please read the stickies.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what i am waiting for, a solution to upgrade directly from 10.8.5 to 10.9

It is possible, make sure to follow the stickies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back