Contribute
Register

Maverick is released for free! To Those Who Bought Previous Versions of OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maverick is released for free!

Now that we have unibeast 3.0 does anyone one if the latest HP installer (6.1.7) which is in beta will work with this? I don't mind doing a clean install

If they made such restrictions, most people would not be able to use their real Apple Macs as they had previously. There is still a lot of software that is not available in the Mac App Store. For example, one very popular office suite you might have heard of: Microsoft Office.

Well Maybe it was an assumption??
Anyway would appreciate it if you could confirm once you've installed.

@ xequtor Since that post it has updated, I have downloaded it in the UK so it's being rolled out across the regions but as the company is based in California the American market gets priority :/

Now that we have unibeast 3.0 does anyone one if the latest HP installer (6.1.7) which is in beta will work with this? I don't mind doing a clean install

The ProBook Installer should work (current version is actually 6.1.8.1). But we'll know more in a few hours. I'm have it downloaded, and have created my USB installer (Unibeast 3), and I'm currently backing up my existing 10.8.5 install to an external USB HDD. When that is finished, I'll attempt an upgrade.

The guide for ML applies equally well to Mavericks.

So do we just re-create the USB using UniBeast 3 and then run the same commands in the ProBook Installer 6.1.6 or 6.1.7 beta?

also, can we just update, without losing all the data, or will we have to do a clean install and lose all data and get it back from any backups.

The ProBook Installer should work (current version is actually 6.1.8.1). But we'll know more in a few hours. I'm have it downloaded, and have created my USB installer (Unibeast 3), and I'm currently backing up my existing 10.8.5 install to an external USB HDD. When that is finished, I'll attempt an upgrade.

ahh okay, we await your result :)

Thanks Rehab

what about upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9? Or do we have to do fresh install of 10.9?
I'm downloading right now with App Store 10.9, 4.5GB done 12min to go :)

what about upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9? Or do we have to do fresh install of 10.9?
I'm downloading right now with App Store 10.9, 4.5GB done 12min to go :)

This is what i am waiting for, a solution to upgrade directly from 10.8.5 to 10.9

This is what i am waiting for, a solution to upgrade directly from 10.8.5 to 10.9

If you have a clone of your install then you have little to risk really.
A direct upgrade SHOULDN'T effect your photo's, music, videos, documents and anything else save in the home directory but it may require to install files to the drive and then reboot and read those files as with Lion and ML which won't work which is why the installation method is as it is.
You can however follow the instructions for installing ML (using the NEW updated unibeast) and it will overwrite the system files and as i've said before.... SHOULD leave personal files in tact.
You would then need to boot in and run the probook installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back