GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi I'm new to this so excuse my stupidity,
I have just finished installing my OS X Maverick on my pc, it installed fine but I'm having trouble with it once it boots. I have no sound coming through my speakers and also the graphics aren't too cracking! Could anyone help?
specs for my setup are;
gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 motherboard
16gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce gtx 660 2gb

thanks

I have just finished installing my OS X Maverick on my pc, it installed fine but I'm having trouble with it once it boots. I have no sound coming through my speakers and also the graphics aren't too cracking! Could anyone help?
specs for my setup are;
16gb RAM

thanks

The reason you don't have sound is because I believe the Creative CA0132 audio chip on that motherboard is unsupported. You could try installing VoodooHDA from MultiBeast, it's a somewhat universal audio driver.

As for the display, "the graphics aren't too cracking" isn't very descriptive...you're going to have to provide more info for anyone to help you with it.

Thank you for your reply, i shall have a look for that when i get home. As for the graphic i mean that the quality is rubbish and isn't sharp at all and is a bit blurry.

specs for my setup are;
16gb RAM

thanks
hi there, i have the similar hardware,
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3, i7-3770k, 24GB RAM, GTX 650 Ti.
im using VOODOOHDA 2.8.4 to drive the sound chip which is CA0132. it sounds but only with line-out, can't adjust the volume, small explosion.
im not sure if you have the Ethernet issue after installing 10.9. but i do. i copied 'AppleIntelE1000e.kext' from another hac to solve the problem.
hope that helps

specs for my setup are;
16gb RAM

thanks

To Solve your sound issue, you might consider a USB Audio solution.

As far as the video issue from the original posters video question, I'm willing to bet you are not running the monitor at the native resolution. Go into your display preferences and see if you can change the res?
I also noticed you have a sandy bridge CPU, meaning that you I think needed a DSDT solution, which might be doing something wrong with the graphics enabler, sorry I don't know much about that :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back