Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

im looking at building a custom PC for gaming and 3D modelling and wanted to know if these parts are compatible?

CPU:
i5 - 4670k: amazon uk £156.90

Motherboard:
Asus maximus gene VI : amazon uk £149.00
(this bard is my main concern will i need DSDT & SSDT for this? or should i consider the gigabyte Z87MX-D3H? )
Graphics:
EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked ACX: amazon uk £206.99 (anyone recommend this to play some BF4 @ 1080p?)

Memory:
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X: amazon uk £62.00 (is this memory compatible and recomended by anyone?)

Storage:
Samsung 120GB Evo: amazon uk £69.00
Seagate 1TB: amazon uk £49.00

CPU Cooler:
Corsair H80i: amazon uk £75.00

PSU:
EVGA 650W supernova modular: amazon uk £78.50 (i like this cause its fully modular unless anyone has some better suggestions I'm all ears)

Case:
Corsair 350D windowed: amazon uk £89.00 (beautiful case enough said haha )

TOTAL - £936.40

thanks in advance for any advice on the build.

Hi all,

im looking at building a custom PC for gaming and 3D modelling and wanted to know if these parts are compatible?

CPU:
i5 - 4670k: amazon uk £156.90

Motherboard:
Asus maximus gene VI : amazon uk £149.00
(this bard is my main concern will i need DSDT & SSDT for this? or should i consider the gigabyte Z87MX-D3H? )
Graphics:
EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked ACX: amazon uk £206.99 (anyone recommend this to play some BF4 @ 1080p?)

Memory:
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X: amazon uk£62.00 (is this memory compatible and recomended by anyone?)

Storage:
Samsung 120GB Evo: amazon uk £69.00
Seagate 1TB: amazon uk £49.00

CPU Cooler:
Corsair H80i: amazon uk £75.00

PSU:
EVGA 650W supernova modular: amazon uk £78.50 (i like this cause its fully modular unless anyone has some better suggestions I'm all ears)

Case:
Corsair 350D windowed: amazon uk £89.00 (beautiful case enough said haha )

TOTAL - £936.40

thanks in advance for any advice on the build.

:thumbup: on parts, but be aware of the boot limits of the 8 series ASUS boards - chimera boot file and /Extra folder must be in the EFI partition of the HDD/SSD for chimera to be able to boot OS X.
Or you can use Clover boot loader.

for cad modeling, especially if rendering surfaces, I would get another 8G of RAM

thanks for the quick reply, ive read a couple of people have managed to get succsesfull boots with the asus but the gigabyte does sound easiest. ill just have to follow all the guides word for word.

as for the 8gb of ram id like to add another will have to see how the budget goes :)

thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back