Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490
CPU
i9-10900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I found there is a Mac OS compatible device, the Matrox GXM.

But since the triple display problem it's only present on Mac OS, I'm considering to buy "DualHead2Go" and connect my 3th screen directly to the video card.

So it goes:
Screen 1: DualHead2Go (DVI-I)
Screen 2: DualHead2Go (DVI-I)

Screen 3: DVI-D

Anyone knows if this is possible?

Sure. I'm using a triplehead2go (DVI) with 3 projectors plus a 4th display on HDMI. To OSX and your graphics card the matrox appears as 1 display.

Thanks for reply.

Each display (triplehead2go) have their own configuration or are mirrored?

There are dozens of pages that show examples of how the DualHead2Go work, are you just too lazy to look for them? There is nothing special about a Hackintosh in that regard. The OS detects 1 screen for the DH2G (or TH2G), so you then must use software plugins that make so things only full screen to the "physical screen", even though the logical screen in OSX spans multiple monitors. All monitors connected to the DH2G operate at the same resolution. In OSX it appears as 1 wide screen...the Matrox device splits that over the physical displays.

Not all applications work correctly on these, if you use Parallels or Fusion you will be happier with skipping that and finding a way to have each physical display have a corresponding logical display in OSX.

There are dozens of pages that show examples of how the DualHead2Go work, are you just too lazy to look for them? There is nothing special about a Hackintosh in that regard. The OS detects 1 screen for the DH2G (or TH2G), so you then must use software plugins that make so things only full screen to the "physical screen", even though the logical screen in OSX spans multiple monitors. All monitors connected to the DH2G operate at the same resolution. In OSX it appears as 1 wide screen...the Matrox device splits that over the physical displays.

Not all applications work correctly on these, if you use Parallels or Fusion you will be happier with skipping that and finding a way to have each physical display have a corresponding logical display in OSX.

From the Matrox web sites, it seems each display have their own settings and different content, but I have no idea how Mac OS detect the two displays, or how can I interact with them.

Also I don't know if only the displays plugged to DH2G are extended and the other stay separated. Or if the 3 displays, even if 1 is connected separately in the video card, are extended anyway.

Most information I found are about using the DH2G / TH2G only, not mixed with the other video card ports. I bought some other devices before and resulted they only mirrored them, even if the one who sold it said the opposite.

You answer is really detailed, and is pretty much what I was look, expect for the generic "google it" that everyone says.

yeah, I was reading something like that in the official website.

Someone suggested me to use that money to get another video card instead, so with 2 video cards I can even plug 2 more screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back