Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all

I'm presently coasting on an impossibly bargain basement Dell Build excellently described in this excellent [Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II.

I needed some extra sata ports and found for this super value 17 euro PCIe 6 Port Sata 3.0 card, based on the Marvell 88Se9215 Chip which so far works out of the box. After few days when booting the computer I would get an unreadable drive alert which was pointing to a 104.9mb unknown device, which appears in disk utility as ASMT109x- Config Media and from what Iv'e found online is associated with this card.
So i'm curious as to why it is now appearing,
how to stop it either appearing or bringing up the error message,
and also wondering if it might even work as a a boot partition?

So nothing really problematic, but still most curious and I would love to know what anyone might know about this phenomena.

Thanks.
6 way sata8.jpg

Great topic; I just installed a Ziyituod 6 Port with SATA3.0 Card and am experiencing the same issue - except I am getting two uninitialized partitions appearing, of which both are 104.9mb in size. I'm thinking this has to do with the ASM 1062+1093*2 controller chip.

I previously used a SHINESTAR 4 Port SATA3.0 Card (Marvell 88SE9215 chip) and did not experience this issue, so I think I'm going to stick with this instead... Unless someone has any ideas as to how we might be able to deal with these partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back