Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P6X58D-E
CPU
Intel i7 960
Graphics
GTX780 DC2OC
I wouldn't post here if I didn't try fixing the issue myself but yet here I am.
I've been trying to get macOS High Sierra working on my P6X58D-E board with the Marvell 88E8056 NIC. There are numerous kexts for this one, some with only plist modifications, some with all of the child kexts included. I've tried the kext according to this thread but as soon as I install any kext, my 10.13 refuses to boot. Adding the config.plist stuff from this thread does nothing.

A post on another side indicated someone who could see their interfaces with the `ip` command but mine don't show.

I still have my Clover (r4257) on my USB drive and have mostly experimented with placing the kext files inside the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13 folder. I've also tried backing up the original IONetworkFamily.kext and replacing it with one I found in the downloads section on InsanelyMac that worked for other people on 10.12.6 but nothing seems to work and I'm out of ideas.

I don't see any errors when I'm trying to boot with one of the kexts. Sometimes it just freezes, sometimes it starts spitting out (what I believe to be) the loaded kexts which doesn't allow me to see the potential error messag above, then tries to reboot.

Thank you,
Dieter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back