Intel HD530
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello everyone,
I'm 17 and I use my compuer to make music. I can't bear my old hackintosh anymore (core2duo, 4gigs of ram, no ssd), so i want to buy a new computer, with a low buget..
Here are my plans:
Intel Core i3-4330
Gigabyte B85M-D3H
8Gigs of Kingston HyperX Fury Black RAM (dual chanel)
A Kingston HyperX Fury 120Gigs (only for OS X and my daws) + 2 HDDs of 500 and 250 GBs for my samples and projects.
A Bitfenix Neos and a BeQuiet PurePower L8 300W

I can add my old nVidia GeForce GT610, but it seems to be useless...
I mainly use Ableton Live 9 and Logic Pro X, with the VSTs from NI Komplete.

What do you think about this build? Would it run OS X Yosemite/El Capitan?
Thanks.:)

Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Pro4
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
PowerColor RX570 8GB
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
You maybe have a pretty good chance that your build could work. But it's mire save to pick a mainboard from the buyers guide.
A Z97 Board is a better choice to have more opportunities to upgrade.
Probably this build can help you: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/182159-next-next-cube-budget-build-msi-z97m-gaming-i3-4330-hd4600-250gb-ssd.html
I did it for friend with also a small budget.

I would not to recommend to use the old GeForce. It will take some power und will perform very poor. Until you want to use 4K the HD4600 will be just fine for you.

If you are very low on budget it could also be a solution to go with older, used LGA1366 workstation hardware like a X55** (4 Cores, 8 Threads) Xeon and a X58 Workstation Board from Dell, Lenovo etc. (Just make sure that they have some PCIe slots for extension cards due USB3, compatible Audio, SATA3 etc. maybe have to be added)
You can pick up boards starting at 70 USD/EUR und CPUs even for 30 USD/EUR.
Even a dual Socket 8 core/16 thread rig can be done for under 200 EUR/USD with a bit of work.
It's about the equivalent of a Mac Pro 4.1 or 5.1...

Just a suggestion. Kind of this thing will one of my next build for serious number crunching with BigData Databases...

Greetings,
Sören

Motherboard
GIGABYTE H170M D3H
CPU
Intel Core i5 @2.70Ghz
Graphics
Intel HD530
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks a lot,
I think that I'll go with an i3, because I don't care about the audio chipset (I have an external soundcard), and I just want to have a fast and upgradable machine. And I do not intend to use a 4K monitor, I'm just going to reuse my old samsung 24inch FullHD, that's enough for me.
Thank you again,
Victor.