Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Core i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
I'm booted from backup right now because for what ever reason installing kexts manually is just a big no no with macOS

I was just trying to reinstall AppleIntelE1000e.kext to a newer version and it failed miserably.
can some body please guide me on how to install the kext?

Here is what I did:

1. Deleted old kext using:
    1. sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/AppleintelE1000e.kext
  2. Then tried clearing the caches before installing the new kext using:
    1. sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
    2. sudo touch System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

This is when I encountered a weird message in Terminal I haven't had before

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 7.56.23 PM.png

* REBOOTED!

After a couple of seconds of reboot this message popped up:

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 8.14.40 PM.png

Please somebody explain how to do this properly?
this is very important to clear the caches because if I try to use MultiBeast to reinstall the kext it still doesn't work.

Please somebody explain how to do this properly?
Try this manual procedure:

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • preferences.plist

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

Thank you P1LGRIM I will try it now, hopefully I won't have to come back here for additional help.
By the way the link you gave me is for Mausi driver, will It work on the GA-Z170N?
last time I tried it didn't work.

• preferences.plist

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Yes! it worked perfectly... teach me more master!
BTW I downloaded Mausi 2.3.0 not 2.2.0. from this link
just one thing did stay, can you take look at this please? I still got those lines :
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 11.28.42 PM.png

just one thing did stay, can you take look at this please? I still got those lines :
It looks like you may have a damaged IOAHCIBlockStorage kext or AppleDataSetManagement.kext.
If you reinstall the operating system without formatting the drive your kexts will be refreshed without disturbing your apps and data.

Last edited:
It looks like you may have a damaged IOAHCIBlockStorage kext.
If you reinstall the operating system without formatting the drive your kexts will be refreshed without disturbing your apps and data.

Oh snap... can I just install 10.13? will that fix the issue?
* I don't have a 10.12.6 installation thats why I'm asking.

Oh snap... can I just install 10.13? will that fix the issue?
* I don't have a 10.12.6 installation thats why I'm asking.
I cannot foretell the future, try it and see.
If you installed correctly you should be able to reinstall from your Recovery partition.
Or download Sierra from the App Store and make a new USB installer.

I cannot foretell the future, try it and see.
If you installed correctly you should be able to reinstall from your Recovery partition.
Or download Sierra from the App Store and make a new USB installer.

In case I download the Installer from the AppStore will it download a version including the supplemental update?
because last time I tired installing the supplemental update I've had a boot loop after Clover, it would not boot into macOS but instead would reboot every time.

Is there something I can do to avoid that issue? why is it caused anyway though...

In case I download the Installer from the AppStore will it download a version including the supplemental update?
When you download from the App Store you get the very latest version so any additional updates should be included.

Is there something I can do to avoid that issue? why is it caused anyway though...
Insufficient information to enable diagnosis.

Insufficient information to enable diagnosis.

From me or in general about the issue?

Because as far as I'm concerned I'm in the dark just as much as you are...
When I installed 10.13 it installed all fine and dandy, with out any issues or loss expect audio and Nvidia web drivers
Then when supplemental update came along, I was pretty sure it would go exactly the same since there were no problems with 10.13.

But instead at boot I just could not pass Clover.
I think I've read some thing bout the fact that its related to the web drivers and something about them having to be uninstalled before trying to install the update.
I really can't recall where I've seen that information so I can't point to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back