Contribute
Register

ManHands' Build - Core i7-2600K - GA-Z68XP-UD3 - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
skirk08's Build - Core i7-2600K - GA-Z68XP-UD3 - HD 6870

Great thread have a ud4 F6 and wanted to know about the UEFI as well, i think ill stick with good old award though due to the horror storys with the UEFI upgrade, bah stuck on x38 due to having a i5 3570K but i got this mb for nothing so i can't complain.

Thanks for the detailed post! Lots of good info. I have the same processor/MoBo/GPU in my build, running 10.8.4. I've been considering upgrading to UEFI bios (I have v1.3 board bios F8). What has your experience been with the UEFI upgrade? Which version are you running? Is boot faster? Any issues?

I have weird stuff happen when I reboot - sometimes the board powers off during post, sometimes I can't boot from USB unless I power down and unplug, and even then it's hit or miss. Once I'm up and running, it is stable and very fast. I thought that UEFI might be solve some of these issues.

Thanks in advance...

Sorry for the late response. I'm on U1g. No huge issues w/ the upgrade that I can remember (it was a while ago). I was hoping faster boot times, etc. However, there wasn't anything negligible. The only thing I remember having issues w/ was getting my OC to work. Different settings in the BIOS along w/ a different SSDT, but finally got everything to gel.

If I recall correctly, I was on F6 prior to the upgrade. I didn't have any of the issues you mentioned though. UEFI may fix the issues your having (if you haven't already). Hope this helps.

Hi Skirk08´s,
When you created your Golden Builds I was one of many who copied your machine. It is practically the same machine.
Also I followed your post, where you explained how to overclock the machine.
Parace as if our machines have been a bit outdated ... Almost no one speaks of the Custom Mac.
You intend to upgrade your machine to Mavericks??
I have updated and seems it works, but with the updated bios I can not get the overclock works.

If you decide to upgrade your machine let me know, I'm sure you will make work much better than me.

regards

Hi Skirk08´s,
When you created your Golden Builds I was one of many who copied your machine. It is practically the same machine.
Also I followed your post, where you explained how to overclock the machine.
Parace as if our machines have been a bit outdated ... Almost no one speaks of the Custom Mac.
You intend to upgrade your machine to Mavericks??
I have updated and seems it works, but with the updated bios I can not get the overclock works.

If you decide to upgrade your machine let me know, I'm sure you will make work much better than me.

regards

I did upgrade to Mavericks last weekend using the main guide. I didn't run into any major issues. I did load the Generic USB kext in the new MultiBeast, and it seems to be acting goofy at times. However, I haven't had time to research it yet. Overclock is still working. Do you still have the SSDT.aml in your /Extra folder? What bios are you running?

I'll update the main thread when I have some extra time.

Did you change your Multibeast settings when you upgraded to Mavericks?

I'd love to see screenshots because I'm going to attempt a very similar build soon.

Upgrade to Mavericks 10.9

1) Repair permissions w/ Disk Utility
2) BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP w/ CCC and/or Time Machine
3) Download latest Unibeast and prepare w/ 10.9 Mavericks via this GUIDE
4) Proceed to install 10.9 following the same guide
5) When ready to run MultiBeast, choose the following settings:

MultibeastMav.jpg

6) Reboot. At Chimera boot screen, press space bar and enter UseKernelCache=No

Hopefully this helps everyone upgrading. I'm looking to do a clean install at some point to clean up over a years worth of crap building up. However, the guide would basically be the same. I'll update the OP at that time. If anyone has any additional tips or thoughts, feel free to share.

skirk08

I just did a fresh install of Mavericks and we have the exact same set up (i have an i5). I used the same MultiBeast as you list above and everything seems to working. I will let you know if I run into anything but so far so good. also I am running 10.9.1

edit: kernal panic. Had to add in MultiBeast - Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 1.48.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 1.48.56 AM.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 215
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 1.53.22 AM 1.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 1.53.22 AM 1.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 220

I just noticed that neither skirk08 nor markstamp used the Sandy Bridge SSDT in MultiBeast. There are three SSD choices in MultiBeast - one for each Sandy Bridge "K" processor (not overclocked) and one overclocked SSDT for both the i5-2500K/i7-2600K/i7-2700K. I recommend you use them to get better performance for your Sandy Bridge systems. Just re-run the latest MultiBeast for Mavericks selecting only the SSDT for your processor. :thumbup:

I added the Customize > SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i5
What a significant difference in GeekBench!!!! Screenshot attached

Thanks Stork!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 10.30.33 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 10.30.33 AM.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 266

Hi Skirk08´s
hello,
I write because I wanted to ask a question. Still having the HD6870 graphics card?
I currently have a single graphics card running at Mavericks, but notice how the fans work pretty fast but do nothing.
You know how to make work more slowly or have to change the BIOS of the graphics card?
thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back