Contribute
Register

ManHands' Build - Core i7-2600K - GA-Z68XP-UD3 - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it to work!! :D woooo!! so excited.

===========
Finally built up my system.

But there seems to be issue when I am running unibeast.
I got a white screen.. Do you guys hav any clues about how to fix it?

I looked online, people suggest me to delete the ATI6000Controller.kext.. but I cant find it in my drive.
There is only installMountainLion.app in my drive and still cant find it if I look at the package content

Thanks in advance. :)

skirk08's Build - Core i7-2600K - GA-Z68XP-UD3 - HD 6870

hi ... Congratulations on your hackintosh ... we have a similar configuration ... It 'a bomb! ;) :D :D :D

I also Corsar Carbide 500R / GA-Z68XP-UD3 / core I7 2600K (with CPU cooler stocket)...but the CPU is a little hot and I wanted to change CPU cooler for overclocking ..

I saw that you have Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Dimensions 120 x 80 x 159 mm ... I'm interested in Cooler Master Hyper 612S http://www.coolermaster.it/product.php?category_id=7&product_id=6711 - Dimensions 140x128x163 mm ... is up more than 4 mm Hyper 212 EVO.

The My questions are:

1) How much space is there between the cpu cooler and case fan?

2) There are more than 4 mm?

3) Did you have to remove the case fan from the side panel for Hyper 212 Evo?

I'm not sure 163 mm Cabirde enter the 500R with the fan installed on the side panel.

Thanks in advance for your answer and excuse my bad English.
Hello!

Did anyone of you upgraded to ML? I'm want to but L is running so smooth, i don't want to uprade and miss the working features

Hi there,

I'm building a computer using similar components to you but for Mountain Lion and I was wondering what was in the System Utilities section that you installed? Multibeast has a different layout in the Mountain Lion version. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything whilst I build.

Thanks!

The option for System Utilities in the MultiBeast for Mountain Lion was removed as it a necessary function that MultiBeast now does by default. Press on using MultiBeast for Mountain Lion. :thumbup:

Did anyone of you upgraded to ML? I'm want to but L is running so smooth, i don't want to uprade and miss the working features

Just successfully upgraded to ML 10.8.2.

Could you post up steps and a multibeast screenshot please? Nice work Skirk. Any problems along the way, I have a similar set-up to you.

Yep, I planned on it. I did a clean install of ML 10.8.2, and a lot has changed since I built this hack. I'll edit the OP with instructions and screen shots of MB.

Could you post up steps and a multibeast screenshot please? Nice work Skirk. Any problems along the way, I have a similar set-up to you.

OP has been updated. Let me know if you have any questions.

EDIT: Looks like it needs to be approved first. Hoping it'll be available tomorrow. I think Stork moderates the posts.

Thanks for the detailed post! Lots of good info. I have the same processor/MoBo/GPU in my build, running 10.8.4. I've been considering upgrading to UEFI bios (I have v1.3 board bios F8). What has your experience been with the UEFI upgrade? Which version are you running? Is boot faster? Any issues?

I have weird stuff happen when I reboot - sometimes the board powers off during post, sometimes I can't boot from USB unless I power down and unplug, and even then it's hit or miss. Once I'm up and running, it is stable and very fast. I thought that UEFI might be solve some of these issues.

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back