Contribute
Register

ManHands' Build - Core i7-2600K - GA-Z68XP-UD3 - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
skirk08's Build - Core i7-2600K - GA-Z68XP-UD3 - HD 6870

Hi Skirk08´s
hello,
I write because I wanted to ask a question. Still having the HD6870 graphics card?
I currently have a single graphics card running at Mavericks, but notice how the fans work pretty fast but do nothing.
You know how to make work more slowly or have to change the BIOS of the graphics card?
thanks !!

What do you mean, "the fans work pretty fast, but do nothing?" I haven't made any BIOS changes in regards to the HD6870 and have no issues w/ the fan. It spins up/down as needed.

skirk08's Build - Core i7-2600K - GA-Z68XP-UD3 - HD 6870

I just made this build with the GA-Z68XP-UD3 and an HD6870 using Mavericks 10.9.3. So far everything is working, but I hit a huge pain in the butt that took me a while to figure out.

I was on the F10 bios and was able to install fine, but after the first reboot of installing Chimera 3.0.1 I would get a freeze about 30 seconds in. I would even freeze in single user mode with the message "Waiting for ATI Accelerator" or something like that. Then I switched my video card, thinking it was the issue, to an NVIDIA GTX 275, and got the error "Waiting for nvdia accelerator sensor." Nothing I did in the bios or swapping/removing kexts would prevent the freeze up.

Updating to the latest UEFI BIOS fixed everything. The process of upgrading the BIOS is a bit of a pain though. The new UEFI Bios does not upgrade from the flash menu at boot, you need to create a bootable USB stick with FreeDOS on it using Rufus on a Windows computer. After that, drag your update file to the USB stick and boot from it, run the autoexec.bat that came with the update and you'll get your BIOS to the correct version.

Thanks for the great build skirk08! It's funny seeing that you and stork talk regularly, I have now built a golden build from you, and a golden build from him (thunderbolt!).

Hey! I am updating to Sierra or at least attempting to. I have installed the legacy Clover with MultiBeast.
I'm trying to use the exact hardware in this post

The machine boots fine into Sierra with the UniBeast install USB, but, as soon as i try to use Clover from the main drive, it gets halted at [PCI Configuration Begin].

Any ideas?

I'm trying to use macOS Sierra 10.12.2.

I wish I knew man. Both my builds are still running El Capitan because that's the only stable builds I have and I have too much work to grind through to mess around LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back