Contribute
Register

Mangled graphics except in safe mode (Z77-DS3H, 3570k, 10.8.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5 3570
Graphics
on board
Hi all, I'm gradually getting there on my first build, but slightly stuck.
I've got everything up and running with Mountain Lion and cribbing recommended Bios/Multibeast settings from the forum.
However, unless I open in safe mode, the OS loads but what shows up on screen is super mangled... see pic
IMAG0223.jpg

Has anyone come across this? I am not using a video card, just whatever's on board.

Hi all, I'm gradually getting there on my first build, but slightly stuck.
I've got everything up and running with Mountain Lion and cribbing recommended Bios/Multibeast settings from the forum.
However, unless I open in safe mode, the OS loads but what shows up on screen is super mangled... see pic
View attachment 63759

Has anyone come across this? I am not using a video card, just whatever's on board.

If you disconnect your HDMI or DVD-I connection and then reconnect it is the image fine? If so then install the '1080P Display' option in MultiBeast, you will find it under customisation > Boot Options.

Adrian B

Got it first time, thanks!

Just one last little thing - the display is slightly off-centre (see pic) as well as having a little tremor/flicker in the top centimetre or so.
Any thoughts? Could put the flicker down to the monitor itself perhaps? But I should be able to get it centred...
I don't seem to be able to change the Hz rate through preferences (60hz the only option).

IMAG0224.jpg

Got it first time, thanks!

Just one last little thing - the display is slightly off-centre (see pic) as well as having a little tremor/flicker in the top centimetre or so.
Any thoughts? Could put the flicker down to the monitor itself perhaps? But I should be able to get it centred...
I don't seem to be able to change the Hz rate through preferences (60hz the only option).

Your monitor should have settings in the menu that will let you adjust the image back to centre. If it has a 'reset' feature then that may be worth trying first.

Adrian B

Thanks for your help so far.
The monitor adjustment settings seem to be greyed out when using DVI... and computer won't boot with the RGB plugged in. Hmmm.

Also the little flicker at the top disappears if I toggle the resolution to something undisplayable and then back again - but if I restart, it's back again.

p.s. I've tried the monitor through a PC with the RGB cable and it's completely fine

Solved (I think)

In the end it was the bios version... was running F8 (on my v1.0 mobo) and updated it to F9.

[For anyone coming across this, don't be tempted to use the Graphics Enabler=No option in Multibeast to solve this. Went there - wasn't worth it. Just make sure you've got the latest version of your bios]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back