1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I have two links to share that might be of use to some of you.

The first one is a site for a company that makes custom PCB boards and also offers a free software program to create your own template,
this is great for you do it your selfers :)
http://www.4pcb.com/advanced-circuits-faqs/

That is the one I have and have been messing with to build something for the Mac Pro mod.

This second site is a listing if PCB companies that make boards for people as well, could be useful for most people looking for something closer to home.
http://www.opencircuits.com/PCB_Manufacturers

So good luck to all of you who deiced to build there own.

I'm currently studying Electronic and Communications Engineering and the program we were introduced to for creating schematics/PCBs is Eagle Cad. It's available for Mac, Windows and Linux. You can create your schematic layout using component libraries, almost everything can be found in the default one but the Sparkfun library is worth a download for any components which are missing.

Once you have created your schematic, you can design your PCB. This can be double sided which is advantageous should you be designing something small and complex. If there is any demand, I can upload some example work and small tutorials from the resources section from my University.

I'm no expert but if anyone needs any help i'll be willing as I find this all very interesting!
Great subforum :thumbup:

I can also help out with Eagle, I've been using it for years to design audio stuff. I'm not really up to speed on high speed digital, I'm an analogue guy, so a MB is out of the question, but I should be able to help with smaller stuff.

IMG_0936.JPG

I've just finished my third-year group project, Design and Construction of a Quadcopter UAV. I did the schematic and PCB for it, so I will upload the designs and step-by-step how to as mentioned months ago :)

I can also help out with Eagle, I've been using it for years to design audio stuff. I'm not really up to speed on high speed digital, I'm an analogue guy, so a MB is out of the question, but I should be able to help with smaller stuff.

View attachment 44693

hi
nice but is it possible to have the template pls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back