MSI Radeon R9 280x
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Hi there!

Just installed Mavericks on my PC and everything is working perfect except my radeon.

My parts:
-Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H rev1.1 motherboard
-Crucial Ballistix 16GB (8x2) sport kit
-MSI Radeon r9 280x 3G Gaming edition
-650W PSU
-Seagate Barracuda 1TB
-Corsair Force Series 128GB
-Intel core i7 @4.1GHZ liquid cooled

When setting the PCIe1 slot as primary display output in BIOS, the screen goes black under boot. When I set it to IGFX and put the HDMI cable straight into the motherboard - the computer boots perfect. How can I fix this?

Thanks a lot for help!

Best Regards,
Erik

Hi there!

Just installed Mavericks on my PC and everything is working perfect except my radeon.

My parts:
-Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H rev1.1 motherboard
-Crucial Ballistix 16GB (8x2) sport kit
-MSI Radeon r9 280x 3G Gaming edition
-650W PSU
-Seagate Barracuda 1TB
-Corsair Force Series 128GB
-Intel core i7 @4.1GHZ liquid cooled

When setting the PCIe1 slot as primary display output in BIOS, the screen goes black under boot. When I set it to IGFX and put the HDMI cable straight into the motherboard - the computer boots perfect. How can I fix this?

Thanks a lot for help!

Best Regards,
Erik

Can you set PCI-E slot as first/primary, and disable the iGfx altogether.

Yeah, but then osx goes to blackscreen during boot

How do I check? I selected DSDTfree in multibeast with Generate CPU States, hibernate mode =desktop and use KernelCache in multibeast

Nothing really. I press the power button on my computer and it boots into osx automatically

Nothing really. I press the power button on my computer and it boots into osx automatically

Well you prob need to add some boot flags then.

Try with :

GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No

And see how you get on with that.

Done that now. It made a weird noise for half a second just before hitting the logonscreen, but it started. There's no monitor output on the gpu though. Should I change my BIOS? btw, I need to run out'n cut the grass, but i'll be back in an hour:) pls help me then, really nice of you:)

Back - what should I do now? I've enabled/installed those two things you mentioned. Should I alter the BIOS or what's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back