Contribute
Register

Making NEC USB 3.0 Card Fully Comportable with Original MAC Drivers [CalDigit, LaCie, Oyen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If native OS X drivers by Apple support NEC chip (uPD720200 & uPD720200a), so no problem, you can do it simply to Change FFFF to Apple SubSystemVendor ID and SubSystem Device ID in cfg.ini and flash it by steps in instruction.

So what you're saying is that if your MOBOs USB3 chip is supported by Apple's driver natively I can just use Apple's Vendor and Device ID to flash? Skipping CalDigit or LaCie's driver all together? If so do you know the Vendor and Device ID for Apple?

I can just use Apple's Vendor and Device ID to flash? Skipping CalDigit or LaCie's driver all together?
I think YES.
Apple Vendor ID: 05AC
Product ID: like native usb 3.0 on latest MAC i don't know, try to search screenshots with usb 3.0 devices from new MacBook Pro.

I think YES.
Apple Vendor ID: 05AC
Product ID: like native usb 3.0 on latest MAC i don't know, try to search screenshots with usb 3.0 devices from new MacBook Pro.

Going to try VendorID: 8086 / DeviceID: 1E31 taken from a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro 10,1.

Update: …wait this would be Intel's 7 Series USB3 chip. I think I need a little more research before I pull the trigger.

I think I need a little more research before I pull the trigger.

I try it VendorID: 8086 / DeviceID: 1E31
Not working, i think it's must be not subvendor intel ID, main vendor is NEC forever. Researching.....

Thank you for this great post, I did as you sayeth and it works as I wanteth, :)
I still have a lot of testing to do but hot swapping works for me.
Had my rig on auto sleep, wake worked and my two USB3 drives were accessible after that.
Transfer speed between drives 210 seconds for 18.5 Gigs that's about 80 megs per second.
I am using PXHCD.kext from MB 5.03-1 not able to find original Caldigit kexts as your link provided
for them is dead, and CalDigit website is unreachable for me at present.Wil now try original LACIE
downloaded from their webpage. Just don't know one of their magic numbers ? Device ID or
vendor ID or whatever. Will try and find out nevertheless.

Greets

Ok, your system is 10.6.8?
Do you have any console messages when you attach USB3 HDD?
What Show
System Profiler in section Super Speed USB port ---> Bus Number: ?
Yes my system is 10.6.8. I did not check the console messages.
I cannot check now as I am trying to recover my complete system from a Time machine back - 9 hours and 44 minutes left :(

Caldigit s/w installer changes a lot of 10.6.8 system.
I had looked at the rollback package but if you examine the package (using pacifist), you'll notice it's adding other drivers and looked suspect as to what it will actually rollback (the other drivers did not match what's in 10.6.8 update).

Instead, I ran caldigit uninstaller and then ran the full 10.6.8 Combo Update (as mentioned on their website).
That really F*up'ed my system. Boot hangs with "Still waiting for root device". I have a basic backup usb boot system and using it, I managed to install correct ATA drivers that I originally had onto the HDD ...but still would not boot :banghead:

After two days of trying different things, I have given up:-X

So, I am now trying to do a full system restore (to a new HDD which I had to go and buy) from time machine using a date BEFORE the Caldigit s/w install and hope I will be up and running soon.

I will never touch Caldigit s/w again.

Hi,

I just went through the steps and have chosen the CalDigit vendor. After flashing I installed the CalDigit drivers and now I can see in System Info "Host Controller Driver: CalDigitUSBxHCI", but the USB 3.0 ports don't work at all. Before they were working for some devices - like USB sticks, but not for USB 3.0 HDD's. Now what to do? I can try to change it to LaCie but I don't know the Subsystem Device ID.

Before I installed the patched LaCie drivers with MultiBeast - I don't know if these shall be removed somehow ...

My board is a Gygabite X58A-UD5 with a D720200 rev.3

I will be grateful for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back