Graphics
Nvidia GTX760
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello!

I'm wondering if there is any possibilities to make a Hackintosh running High Sierra out of my old gaming computer.
I don't really care about all the fancy features as airdrop and iMessage but would like it to use it for content creation since it's way more powerful than my 2012 MacBook Air.

The computer consists of:
Intel i5 2500k@4,5Ghz
MSI P67a-c45
Asus GTX760 DirectCUII
8Gb DDR3 Ram

I don't really have high hopes about this project since I can't really find any information regarding Hackintosh compatibility with my motherboard.

Could you guys help me out?

Last edited:
Hello!

I'm wondering if there is any possibilities to make a Hackintosh running High Sierra out of my old gaming computer.
I don't really care about all the fancy features as airdrop and iMessage but would like it to use it for content creation since it's way more powerful than my 2012 MacBook Air.

The computer consists of:
Intel i5 2500k@4,5Ghz
MSI P67a-g45
Asus GTX760 DirectCUII
8Gb DDR3 Ram

I don't really have high hopes about this project since I can't really find any information regarding Hackintosh compatibility with my motherboard.

Could you guys help me out?

Yes, I think you can try. Your system should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra (and in fact older versions like El Capitan and Sierra). I would think it is possible to install High Sierra on your system.

Yes, I think you can try. Your system should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra (and in fact older versions like El Capitan and Sierra). I would think it is possible to install High Sierra on your system.
Thats good news! Since I'm new to this, what do I need to think about performing the install? What kexts do I need? What FakeSMC do I need?

Thats good news! Since I'm new to this, what do I need to think about performing the install? What kexts do I need? What FakeSMC do I need?

Do you have access to a real Mac or working hackintosh to download the High Sierra installer?

If you have such access, then you can follow the Installation Guide at the top of this site for installation instructions.

Do you have access to a real Mac or working hackintosh to download the High Sierra installer?

If you have such access, then you can follow the Installation Guide at the top of this site for installation instructions.
Yes I do. Now I'll just have to wait for my new SSD before I can begin the install. Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back