i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

So I am working towards an upgrade from Yosemite to Sierra.

I originally got Yosemite working using clover but I forgot exactly how it works.

So I used Superduper to backup the whole boot drive to a backup drive.

When I boot into this backup drive some kexts or clover boot injections are gone. For example there is no ethernet card or sound card when booting from the backup drive.

So then I mounted both EFI partitions for the two drives and copied the contents from the normal boot drive to the backup drive but this doesn't have any effect.

How shoudl creating a backup drive with clover work ?

Can someone explain how clover works for backups / is copied to a new drive ?

Thanks in advance

@gwatt, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi

So I am working towards an upgrade from Yosemite to Sierra.

I originally got Yosemite working using clover but I forgot exactly how it works.

So I used Superduper to backup the whole boot drive to a backup drive.

When I boot into this backup drive some kexts or clover boot injections are gone. For example there is no ethernet card or sound card when booting from the backup drive.

So then I mounted both EFI partitions for the two drives and copied the contents from the normal boot drive to the backup drive but this doesn't have any effect.

How shoudl creating a backup drive with clover work ?

Can someone explain how clover works for backups / is copied to a new drive ?

Thanks in advance.....

I'm no expert at all,, but from what i have noticed is once clover was released in unibeast, it makes everything run much better with less problems for most up to date sockets,, 1150.1155.

I would say check your socket and for the 2 i said above, I would use uinibeast to make a fresh usb drive of sierra. and if you have a extra hard drive, just drag and drop /save your stuff, and do a fresh install.. way better that way to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back