Making a DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 760 tower
Graphics
GT 630
Hi all
i recently installed mountain lion and it only boots in safe boot. I'm using easybeast for now but i know for a fact that that's not working for me. someone already suggested to make a custom DSDT. I have NO CLUE on how to make such a thing... i'm running a dell optiplex 760 tower and further specs:

• 4gb ddr2 ram (2x1, 1x2)
  • Intel Core2Duo @ 2,99Ghz
  • Samsung 840 EVO ssd (trim already enabled)
  • gt 630 video (through dvi to dvi without adaptors)
  • onboard ethernet port (kext used for it: AppleIntelE1000e.kext)
  • onboard sound (which doesn't work due to wrong drivers)
  • easybeast bootloader
  • form factor of my dell 760 is tower
  • OS X legal mountain lion 10.8.2
  • i have no idea what motherboard it is...
  • no bluetooth
Can someone guide me through the process on how to make such a thing? I have already installed MaciASL.

best regards, Emiel

Hi all
i recently installed mountain lion and it only boots in safe boot. I'm using easybeast for now but i know for a fact that that's not working for me. someone already suggested to make a custom DSDT. I have NO CLUE on how to make such a thing... i'm running a dell optiplex 760 tower and further specs:

• 4gb ddr2 ram (2x1, 1x2)
  • Intel Core2Duo @ 2,99Ghz
  • Samsung 840 EVO ssd (trim already enabled)
  • gt 630 video (through dvi to dvi without adaptors)
  • onboard ethernet port (kext used for it: AppleIntelE1000e.kext)
  • onboard sound (which doesn't work due to wrong drivers)
  • easybeast bootloader
  • form factor of my dell 760 is tower
  • OS X legal mountain lion 10.8.2
  • i have no idea what motherboard it is...
  • no bluetooth
Can someone guide me through the process on how to make such a thing? I have already installed MaciASL.

best regards, Emiel

What are you trying to fix with DSDT?

when i try to boot with no boot flags, it prompts me to reboot my pc. and I'm not sure what it is. I have already posted some of my probs on this post and somebody said i should use a "custom" DSDT
link: Thread

when i try to boot with no boot flags, it prompts me to reboot my pc. and I'm not sure what it is. I have already posted some of my probs on this post and somebody said i should use a "custom" DSDT
link: Thread

The photo there shows a graphics problem. You never replied after you were given boot flags (including GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No,etc). AFAIK, GT630 requires GraphicsEnabler=No. You should also make sure you're using a digital connection to your monitor (not VGA).

this day is the luckiest of all,
THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME!
i just needed to install 10.8.3 or higher (i did 10.8.5) because 10.8.2 (which i used) doesn't work with my GPU. I don't need help anymore, but thanks anyway

best regards, cheers, whatever
Emiel :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back