CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I need to make the clone I have created of my fully functional 10.13.4 installation bootable as it does not boot by itself. I formatted the clone target SSD as APFS then used SuperDuper to clone the 10.13.4 installation. As long as I boot from the original 10.13.4 installation the clone disc boots fine. If I try to boot directly from the cloned disc I can only see the Windows boot option.

I then installed Clover 4439 on the cloned disc using Clover Configurator but that has not helped. I would appreciate any suggestions on how I can make the clone bootable.

Install same version of Clover on the Clone as on the original.
Boot original, mount EFI partition, copy EFI partition to USB or to Clone desktop
shutdown or reboot to Clone, mount Clone drive EFI partition
delete the EFI partition from the Clover installation and copy EFI partition from original to EFI partition of Clone
you should now be able to boot from the clone without the original drive connected or just make the Clone first in boot order in the UEFI/BIOS

Install same version of Clover on the Clone as on the original.
Boot original, mount EFI partition, copy EFI partition to USB or to Clone desktop
shutdown or reboot to Clone, mount Clone drive EFI partition
delete the EFI partition from the Clover installation and copy EFI partition from original to EFI partition of Clone
you should now be able to boot from the clone without the original drive connected or just make the Clone first in boot order in the UEFI/BIOS
Thanks, I will try this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back