Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
On a 64 bit Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 Computer:

1. Download the Windows 10 Creators Update ISO from Microsoft.com via their Create Install Media Download Tool
Note: A Windows 10 license is not needed to do this. You don't have to enter a product key to download or install it.

Download Tool.JPG

Capture.JPG choose ISO file.jpg

2. Leave the ISO file in your documents folder or on the desktop so it's easy to locate

3. Insert a 4 GB or larger FAT32 formatted USB drive into your PC

4. Download the Rufus portable app from https://rufus.akeo.ie/ and open it on the desktop

5. Select the Win10 ISO by clicking on the tiny CD icon to the lower right then select and open the ISO file

Rufus_Choices.jpg

6. Under the Partition Scheme tab select GPT scheme for UEFI booting and FAT32 File System, Cluster size 4096

7. Click start and create your UEFI bootable USB drive*

Now you can clean install Windows 10 UEFI on your HDD and be ready for dual booting with macOS via the Clover bootloader.

IMPORTANT: Disconnect the Sata cables to your macOS drive before you attempt the Windows install

Boot from your newly created USB drive. Choose Custom Install and remember to delete all existing partitions on the drive that you are installing to. Choose the unallocated space you've created and then click on New to partition the drive GPT. Proceed with the install and Windows will then handle everything from there on out to complete the Windows 10 install. When it's done, shut down, connect the drive to your CustoMac and boot to the UEFI/BIOS.

Make the macOS drive the first in the BIOS boot order. When you boot up you'll have the option to choose either OS for UEFI booting from the Clover splash screen.

* This drive will not allow you to install Windows for legacy booting on an MBR partitioned drive. This is what will help to prevent you from installing Windows for legacy booting.

Last edited:
Is there any way to create Win10 UEFI drive on Sierra ?
Thanks

Is there any way to create Win10 UEFI drive on Sierra ?
Thanks
Yes, but it's much more complicated. Use a windows PC, they're everywhere. You'll need one to download the OS from MS.com.

Thanks.I have a PC on my work place. I will try it after my holiday...:thumbup:

Hi! I'm having trouble in a single drive, every time I installed both only the Windows Boot Manager appears at UEFI boot sources.

@trs96 Yes, I have followed the guide making an UEFI USB for Windows, and following the previous guide for multibooting, unfortunately the UEFI for Mac didn't appear, so my last option was leaving the Sierra USB installation at my pc (HP 6300) anyway I'm thinking to buy another hard drive next month.

@trs96 Never mind, I changed both boot from windows bootmfwg and bootmfgr, clover it's now fully working at my hp 6300, thank you very much!

Hi I followed these steps and succesfully installed windows and now i can no longer get to the clover screen either from the harddrive or even when i insert the unibeast usb installer. It automatically boots into windows. Even when i change the boot order in the bios and disable windows boot manager. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Hi I followed these steps and succesfully installed windows and now i can no longer get to the clover screen either from the harddrive or even when i insert the unibeast usb installer. It automatically boots into windows. Even when i change the boot order in the bios and disable windows boot manager. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Are windows and macOS on the same drive or on separate drives ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back