2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey pep

i'm currently running a 10.9.1 Hackintosh - i have 2 HDD, 1 smaller SSD and 1 with a lot of capacity..

i would like to update for Yosemite and when i'm at it also combine my 2 hard drives for a fusion drive.. But i can't really guess how to move the best way..

i was wondering to start with wipe out anything and combine my hard drives to fusion-harddrives and then make the clean install of Yosemite?

i do backup on my TimeCapsule, but i had actually never used any backups yet.. but how should i do the backup when it is another system running after the new install? and what about the combine of the HDD in my backup? will i **** it all up?

i'm a little afraid of starting cause i don't wanna loose anything..

A Time Machine backup is fine. It's what I used. Yosemite can read Mavericks TMs fine. I'd disconnect the disk though when you're making the fusion drive so you don't accidentially delete it.

You mean you have two time machine backups now? Sure, just run Migration Assistant again with the other disk. It won't delete what you've already moved over.

i'm a little confused about what my time machine actually backup..

I just think like this: i got 2 HDD - and if my time machine believes that it is 2 different HDD then it will be tricky to combine them when i come back with 1 HDD after the fusion?

but should i see it more like that my Time Machine just takes it all and capsules it all into 1 backup?

This is what i see when i opens the program.. don't know if it says anything.. it do not show my SSD disc? "Lageret" is like my "big" HDD..
tXUKyf8.png

sorry I'm a little confused about this time machine but i never actually used it..

**EDIT - i now see that the picture is like the HDD i can choose for Time Machine and not my actual backups.. makes a little more sense.. just need a confirm about this going from 2 hdd to 1 hdd

This message is for cougarcat. How you setup your Yosemite system for the P55M-UD2 F11 system? Could you share with me your multibeast settings (did you use the latest version of multibeast and unibeast?) and the steps you followed? I'm having issues with the restart and shutting down and random freezing at a black screen (with a progress bar at the bottom) that appears just before the login screen.

This message is for cougarcat. How you setup your Yosemite system for the P55M-UD2 F11 system? Could you share with me your multibeast settings (did you use the latest version of multibeast and unibeast?) and the steps you followed? I'm having issues with the restart and shutting down and random freezing at a black screen (with a progress bar at the bottom) that appears just before the login screen.

Please read the Rules.

"Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted"

I don't want to break the rules, but I'm frustrated since I've been posting requesting assistance from any of the site staff and nobody had responded. I was just looking for feedback from some of the forum members that have the same mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back