Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Majove 10.14.4 Update Results in Black Screen After Apple Logo Appears

Status
Not open for further replies.
The version included in MultiBeast can always be relied upon to work with the macOS version available at the time of release. Clover sees many updates outside of this and occasionally one or two new versions present challenges. 4862 should work okay for 10.14.4. However check out the latest version of MultiBeast here. :thumbup:

can share how to recover from blank screen to install latest clover?
I have already answered your issue to my original post Click here and Happy troubleshooting :)

I'm pretty sure most of the advice on the 10.14.4 thread very much says to update Clover to the latest version and update your kexts! You should also be very careful to always choose the 'Boot MacOS install' option on every reboot until it has finished doing what it needs to do and until that option goes away and you're left with your standard boot partition again.
This update was unique and it was related with graphic card so that is why many people are getting black screen after this update. to be honest I have never upgraded my clover since the original Mojave install. I normally stay away with clover upgrade because it always messes me up something but if your installation is already mess up then it won't harm to try lol :banghead:

The version included in MultiBeast can always be relied upon to work with the macOS version available at the time of release. Clover sees many updates outside of this and occasionally one or two new versions present challenges. 4862 should work okay for 10.14.4. However check out the latest version of MultiBeast here. :thumbup:

MultiBeast 11.1.0 Update is not working with Legacy clover boot loader. I tried to use this one but it was giving me error so that's why I used the latest one.

MultiBeast 11.1.0 Update is not working with Legacy clover boot loader. I tried to use this one but it was giving me error so that's why I used the latest one.
Nervermind looks like they have fixed it !

Thanks so much, that version is not on Tonymac's download page yet, so I will get it from SourceForge!
are you able to fix your problem ? pls do share it

No, I am stuck. I am guess I am not sure how to update clover properly.

Here is what I did.
1. Download clover package from SourceForge
2. Mount the EFI partition from the Clover backup Thumbdrive
3. Run The Downloaded Clover package
4. Install Clover on the USB Drive
5. Copy the config.plist from the old clover to new clover
6. Copy the kexts from the old clover to the new clover
7. Unmount the USB Thumbdrive
8. Put Thumbdrive in Hackintosh and boot in verbose mode

The Result:

Now halts at End RandomSeed +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

I didn't have a lot of time to play today, will work on it again tomorrow.

Thank you... After trying to fix it myself, I took the Multibeast option and all is well running 10.14.4 now

Here is what I did.

Using the Mojave Backup Flash Drive, I loaded up Multibeast on another Mac, mounted the EFI partition, selected the drivers, and then built the new configuration on the flash drive.

After that, I booted up off the flash drive and all was well.

Next, I installed Multibeast on the Hackintosh and fixed the EFI partition there as well.

Thanks for reminding me to use Multibeast :)

I used the Multibeast option as suggested by Utterdisbelief to fix the EFI partition on the backup USB Mojave Flashdrive. After booting Mojave off the flash drive, I was able to use multibeast to repair the mackintosh.

This option takes a second working machine in order to fix everything up. Luckily, I have multiple Macs :)

If you need any help with the step-by-step process let me know and I will post more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back