Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY FIXED IT!!!

I use to use Mac Pro 3,1 prior to Sierra but then Tonymac recommend switching to iMac and thats when my trouble started. I switched to Mac Pro 5,1 and sleep works again! No DSDT necessary.

If anyone else is gonna do this make sure to remove this kext: appletymcedriver.kext otherwise you'll get a kernel panic because the Mac Pro 5,1 only wants ECC ram.

BEFORE DOING THIS REMEMBER TO SIGN OUT OF ICLOUD AND GENERATE NEW UUID, SERIAL NUM, ETC.

I'm having the same issue myself -- have had this machine since 2011 with no issues; now that I've updated to Sierra when it goes to sleep it gets into the reboot loop. I noticed it too has been set to an iMac now -- tried setting it to 5,1 but it still went into the reboot loop.

Just diving in now to see what I need to fix; mine is a GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard.

I'm having the same issue myself -- have had this machine since 2011 with no issues; now that I've updated to Sierra when it goes to sleep it gets into the reboot loop. I noticed it too has been set to an iMac now -- tried setting it to 5,1 but it still went into the reboot loop.

Just diving in now to see what I need to fix; mine is a GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard.
You must delete the kext mentioned above otherwise you won't boot with Mac Pro 5,1

I have the same issue where I put PC to sleep which works but when I go to wake the PC it goes into the power on for 5 sec then power off loop and never actually wake to a desktop. Jsut hear the lights and fan going on and off in a constant loop for ever. I tried I was on iMac 12,2 then changed to 13,2 (or 13,1) but same issue. I then went to Mac pro 5,1 for but issue. Think I tried again with Mac pro 3,1 before I screwed the system up again. Need to flash back my EFI partition which is iMac 13,2. And each time this issue happens I have to clear CMOS.

Any other ideas of what I could try or what and how to investigate? The new console app in Sierra has changed and I cant find anything I used to like shutdown causes and etc. What did Apple do....! first the change Diskutil now console.

Gigabyte H61m-usb3-b3 mobo
i5 2500k CPU
Nvidia GTX 560ti (using the freezefix app for the issue this gfx card has in osx with power states)
Using my own DSDT I patched which has worked fine since mavericks till now.

Starting up with
Little snitch
remote buddy
android file transfer (someone said this might cause issues???)
Plex server

Any help or suggesting greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back