i9-9900K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been working all night to try and get this build up and running to almost no avail.

Currently I have a system that will only boot from an install USB and About This Mac says NVIDIA Chip Model 7MB.
Z97x-UD5H
Intel 4770k
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
Corsair CX600M
Salmon 9900
32GB Corsair Vengence RAM

I've updated from 10.11 to 10.13.5 and as I mentioned, cannot boot with the hard drive.
It doesn't even bring up the loading bar under the apple logo and just hangs with the Apple Logo present when attempting to boot from the hard drive.
With -v I get the lines shown in the attached photo.

With the USB, I can only boot when nv disable = 1 is present. Removing the flag gives the same results as the hard drive and the attached photo.

I've installed the web drivers and changed the config.plist according to the web driver guide and still nothing. Nvda_drv=1 is also not present in config.plist.

Just cant seem to find anything that will help my issue and I've got to give up for the night.
In addition to the photo I've attached the config.plist file that has allowed me to boot using the USB. Placing this file on the hard drive has not achieved a boot up.
Hopefully someone can help. Thanks in advance if you can.

Attachments

• IMG_5494.PNG
    IMG_5494.PNG
    3 MB · Views: 93
  • config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 185
Try the attached config.plist. If you use Clover Configurator make sure you have the latest version.

Attachments

• config-3.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 201
Try the attached config.plist. If you use Clover Configurator make sure you have the latest version.

Using the file you provided has allowed me to boot via the hard drive, but the GPU is still not being shown.
Thank you so much for helping move this build forward another step!!

Update: Everything is now working...so far!

I updated Clover, used multibeast to enable emulated NVRAM, then removed the nv-disabled=1 from the config.plist.

Not sure which of these worked, but it did!

Spoke too soon. The audio has disappeared and I am at a loss for how to bring it back.

Solved. For anyone who may experience similar issue.
Audio was resolved by replacing AppleHDA with native AppleHDA file and re running multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back