AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,
Will be building a hack pro and am thinking about what SSD to use...

What is the best one in your opinion (price/ performance / stability)?

Are these SSDs good for osx installation?
- OCZ Vertex 2 (instead of agility)
- Crucial RealSSD C300

Thanks!

Hi, A few week ago I bought a OCZ Solid 3 120GB 2.5IN SATA3 SandForce and works great, I don't know exactly what is the different with those that you put, but OCZ it seen to me like a good option.
Cheers

Dschijn said:
If you wanna go high end and best long time Mac performance (because no TRIM and good garbage collection), you should take a look at the OWC SSDs.

Has anyone tested the OWC SSD's on a mackintosh?

Sadly, no… I got mine before the 6G SSDs arrived. And it wasn't nessesary, because the MacPro is limited to 3G.
I've a Mercury Extreme Pro 3G 120GB. It's performing on the 3G limits since I bought it.

IMHO 3G SSDs are fast enough. You can't notice the difference to a 6G drive, just measure it. Save the money and buy a good 3G SSD.

Dschijn said:
Sadly, no… I got mine before the 6G SSDs arrived. And it wasn't nessesary, because the MacPro is limited to 3G.
I've a Mercury Extreme Pro 3G 120GB. It's performing on the 3G limits since I bought it.

IMHO 3G SSDs are fast enough. You can't notice the difference to a 6G drive, just measure it. Save the money and buy a good 3G SSD.

What applications are you running? Are you running any Audio/Video Programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back