Intel 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I just purchased a Magic Trackpad with a USB Bluetooth dongle 2.0 (I have disabled internal Atheros Bluetooth). My trackpad works well with one and 2 fingers but freeze with 3 or more fingers. I am not sure the problem is my USB Bluetooth, some kexts, or my trackpad. Has anyone experienced this issue?

If it's my USB bluetooth problem, is is possibly fixed with a newer/better USB Bluetooth dongle 4.0?

My lap is 4530s and running Mavericks 10.9.3
Here is my Bluetooth specs

Bluetooth USB Host Controller:

Product ID: 0x0001
Vendor ID: 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)
Version: 1.34
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x1d120000 / 6
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100

Thanks,

p/s: just found out a topic with the same issue http://www.tonymacx86.com/hardware-...elp-bluetooth-4-0-magic-trackpad-problem.html (no solution yet)

Hi,
I just purchased a Magic Trackpad with a USB Bluetooth dongle 2.0 (I have disabled internal Atheros Bluetooth). My trackpad works well with one and 2 fingers but freeze with 3 or more fingers. I am not sure the problem is my USB Bluetooth, some kexts, or my trackpad. Has anyone experienced this issue?

If it's my USB bluetooth problem, is is possibly fixed with a newer/better USB Bluetooth dongle 4.0?

My lap is 4530s and running Mavericks 10.9.3
Here is my Bluetooth specs

Bluetooth USB Host Controller:

Product ID: 0x0001
Vendor ID: 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)
Version: 1.34
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x1d120000 / 6
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100

Thanks,

p/s: just found out a topic with the same issue http://www.tonymacx86.com/hardware-...elp-bluetooth-4-0-magic-trackpad-problem.html (no solution yet)

Problem with your USB BT. I'm pretty sure all Apple BT hardware expects BT4.

Thanks Rehabman. Your reply speed always impress me. :)

AFAIK, Magic trackpad uses BT 2.0, not sure if it can speed up with a newer USB bluetooth.
Anyway, I am going to buy this new USB bluetooth 4.0 http://buffalo.jp/product/accessory/security/bsbt4pt02sbk/
I will post the result when things set up.

Just bought the new USB bluetooth 4.0 dongle, the 3 and 4 gestures work as expected, but the connection dropped frequently (got disconnected from Trackpad). Still on trying to figure out the reason.

Also, I currently disable the internal bluetooth in BIOS. Do I really need to tape on the card to disable completely the internal bluetooth in order the external bluetooth works properly?

============= Updated ===============
Looks like the problem was IOath3kfrmwr.kext, I removed it, and built kext cache again. Now things work well. Problem solved.

============= Updated ===============
Looks like the problem was IOath3kfrmwr.kext, I removed it, and built kext cache again. Now things work well. Problem solved.

If you dual boot, the problem will come back. Windows or Linux will load firmware on the AR3011 and when you restart into OS X it will remain resident.

The solution is to tape the pins to completely disable the AR3011...

Thanks, RehabMan, I installed only OS X on the machine, so it should not the issue, at least to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back