Contribute
Register

Magic Mouse vs Magic Trackpad

Magic Mouse vs Trackpad bs Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I need to choose one or another? I use both of them. Most of my work I do with the magic mouse, as it has better precision with photoshop. But for navigating some applications, magic trackpad is great.

I also have both and have the opposite experience; I prefer the trackpad when working in InDesign and Photoshop (which I'm in for 75% or so of my day). I do wish Adobe would be a little more consistent in supporting the Mac, though. For example, a three-finger drag in Photoshop works to place vertical guides, but not horizontal ones. I also use BetterTouchTool to define some custom gestures.

Overall I haven't used the Magic Mouse much since buying the trackpad.

Perry

marques0 said:
Why do I need to choose one or another? I use both of them. Most of my work I do with the magic mouse, as it has better precision with photoshop. But for navigating some applications, magic trackpad is great.

I bought a MBA recently and once I got used to the Trackpad, I fell in love with it ;-)

Now I have a Trackpad for my Hackintosh and love it.. I find it far superior than a mouse.

Horses for courses I guess.... For those wanting to try or afraid to switch to a Trackpad, just use it for a week or two. You will soon master it and find just how easy it is to use :)

I'm with Bones123. They both are kick*** input devices, pardon my language. That's why I own both today.

Magic trackpad for my desktop, Old Fashioned Magic Mouse for my old Powerbook G4 (I shorted out the trackpad when I was trying to install memory.) :rolleyes:

Guys, apart from the jabra a320s, which bluetooth adapter would you recommend for the magic trackpad?

I'm from the UK and the jabra is a bit hard to get hold of over here. Thanks in advance.

I use both Trackpad and Mouse. Magic Mouse use to Final Cut Pro X and Photoshop, Trackpad to daily soft work - browsing web, mail etc.

Friggin' HATE trackpads. Detest the bloody things.

Currently using a Logitech mouse that came with the Wave keyboard, because I wanted something that works with both Windows and Lion. My magic mouse is sitting there calling out to me though, I miss it and will probably recommission it pretty soon, since I got so used to the gestures, and the multitude of buttons on the black mouse are nowhere near as intuitive.

My imac at work came with the magic mouse and I hate the thing. My hands are far too large to really use it comfortably. If I had one of these I might actaually be able to use it http://mmfixed.com/
For now I just I keep it in my laptop bag because it's better than an old bluetooth mini travel mouse that I had.

I use the Magic Mouse and I find it being awesome, but it's a MUST to install Better Touch Tool so that you can have the "same" use of the multitouch gestures on the MM as the Magic Trackpad! If you don't have it, go get it naow! (it works for setting up the Magic Trackpad as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back