CPU
I5-6500
Graphics
GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After installing my GPU, I started to notice an issue with my magic mouse. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it is stuttering and will not recognize a click or a swipe. Very annoying and inconsistent.

I am using the BCM94352Z WiFi/BT card. No longer using the USB port limit patch, which I changed around the same time I installed my GPU.

It seems to be a BT issues because another wireless mouse with a separate USB dongle does not have the issue.

Appreciate any pointers in getting this solved.

Bump: Was an issue with El Capitan and continued into Sierra GM.

After installing my GPU, I started to notice an issue with my magic mouse. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it is stuttering and will not recognize a click or a swipe. Very annoying and inconsistent.

I am using the BCM94352Z WiFi/BT card. No longer using the USB port limit patch, which I changed around the same time I installed my GPU.

It seems to be a BT issues because another wireless mouse with a separate USB dongle does not have the issue.

Appreciate any pointers in getting this solved.

Not having that problem with Bluetooth in 10.11 or 10.12. Could be a problem with the distance between the mouse and the Bluetooth antennas.

Not having that problem with Bluetooth in 10.11 or 10.12. Could be a problem with the distance between the mouse and the Bluetooth antennas.

Antenna is on my desk maybe 2 feet away from my mouse.

I had a stuttering problem, using an IOGear 521 and a powered USB hub 18 inches from my keyboard/mouse. I use the hub for charging/connecting other devices as well. I put the dongle on a USB extension away from the hub and other devices, and the stuttering completely stopped.

Same here, I have a magic keyboard which seems to be working fine though

In my case the situation is really awkward. I am also using the BCM94352Z card. The trackpad works perfectly. The mouse not so much under OS X however, guess what: works great in Windows 10! I am using 4K with both OS'. At this point I'm kind of lost. It's clear that is not the mouse (dirty, etc.) and it has to be something else. Changing the type of surface improves the tracking in macOS Sierra however using the same surface that causes issues in macOS works great in Windows 10. Very weird.

Did any of you have a similar experience?

EDIT: I think I found the root cause for the mouse misbehaviour. I have a desk pad (an old one) made by IKEA and it looks like it's made out of some sort of metal covered by faux leather. The mouse pad was on top of the desk pad. As soon as I removed the desk pad (still using the mouse pad) the mouse moves like I just bought it now. This finding is really weird since it doesn't explain why the mouse was working great in Windows. Who knows, maybe the mouse was being affected by the desk metal pad and the macOS is more sensitive than Windows, or Windows gives the PCI WIFI/BT card more power? I have no idea, however bottom is that removed the desk pad seems to have solved the issue. I will keep using it this way and update my post if I see any change.

EDIT 2: After a few days of use I can confirm that the IKEA desk pad was the culprit. The mouse has been working flawless since. What is interesting is that I have not noticed the stuttering with Mavericks or Yosemite. Not sure what has changed since - if any.

Last edited:
I have noticed some problems with magic mouse and wireless keyboard but the issues is relative to the usb3. Now I use a usb extension to connect my BT dongle near my monitor and all work perfectly!

I have noticed some problems with magic mouse and wireless keyboard but the issues is relative to the usb3. Now I use a usb extension to connect my BT dongle near my monitor and all work perfectly!

I don't use a USB dongle, I switched the mobo wifi/BT card with a BCM94352Z card, it's possible that my magic keyboard misbehaves as well but it's harder to see, I'll check with another BT device tonight if it's a global problem or limited to mac keyboard/mouse.

I have same issue with cabled USB mouse. Replacement fixed nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back