Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
CPU
Core i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1080
I'm running 10.10.5 with a Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 and Core i7 4790K

I followed far too many posts on numerous forums and bought the IOGEAR bluetooth adapter. All of these posts led me to believe it was the best one to choose. Shortly after I realised how many issues this adapter has while trying to get it to work on 10.10.5.

I finally got it working for a week and now it connects but wont track (move the cursor) although I can click and scroll.

I have a long extension cable plugged into a usb 2 port and it's sitting right next to the mouse.

I have moved the cable to another port and it works for a few seconds and then stops working again. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and that works for a few seconds sometimes as well. But nothing reliable.

If it never worked I would run out and buy another adapter (is there one that works with *absolutely no issues* on 10.10.5?) But since it was working for a week I would like to save the cash and fix the issue.

I have repaired permissions and rebuilt the cache countless times with Kext Wizard and shut down. It worked after booting once for a few seconds...

I work 8 hours a day in Photoshop so it's maddening to be without the Magic Mouse.

It's connecting, I can click and scroll but it just won't track!

*update* while switching ports again I had a freeze and after a reboot it says connected but won't do anything.

Really hoping someone here can help! Thanks in advance!

So... After wasting literally hours trying to fix the problem I came across a fix buried in an apple support communities thread.

I cleaned sensors with a q-tip.

It tracks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back