Graphics
GeForce GTX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've had my hackintosh for almost a year and the magic mouse I use (though it's had some issues) has been a reliable and valuable tool. Yesterday my magic mouse disconnected from my computer so I changed the batteries and tried reconnecting. My system found the mouse with the bluetooth setup wizard but will not connect. I've tried turning the mouse on and off, restarting the computer, reinstalling my custombeast, chaining the passcode options in my bluetooth setup window, and called apple but their solution was catered towards an actual mac system and did not work when I tried it with my Hackintosh, I know the mouse still works because It just connected to my macbook in a matter of seconds but for whatever reason it just WILL NOT connect with my hackintosh any more :( Please help! Without my mouse my computer is virtually useless :(

Did you try to connect trough system preferences ?

Yes, same results. my system finds the mouse immediately but when i try to connect it says "connecting for 60 seconds then says "The pairing attempt was unsuccessful" again. It connects to my macbook no problem. In fact, it did so automatically without me changing any settings, even though i haven't had it connected to the macbook in over a year. Not sure how that happened, but it was after 30 some hours of not connecting to the hackintosh

Same issue here on a GA-z77-WIFI board. What's weird is that it stopped working while I was in Windows 8. I booted back over to OS X and have the problem described here.

...and now it works on my Mac and not Windows...F-

I've had my hackintosh for almost a year and the magic mouse I use (though it's had some issues) has been a reliable and valuable tool. Yesterday my magic mouse disconnected from my computer so I changed the batteries and tried reconnecting. My system found the mouse with the bluetooth setup wizard but will not connect. I've tried turning the mouse on and off, restarting the computer, reinstalling my custombeast, chaining the passcode options in my bluetooth setup window, and called apple but their solution was catered towards an actual mac system and did not work when I tried it with my Hackintosh, I know the mouse still works because It just connected to my macbook in a matter of seconds but for whatever reason it just WILL NOT connect with my hackintosh any more :( Please help! Without my mouse my computer is virtually useless :(

im having the same issue. none of my BT devices (magic mouse, trackpad, keyboard) will connect!:banghead::thumbdown:

After some more searching I found this thread and basically tried the same with a few minor changes. I downloaded the newest 10.8.3 combo update and extracted the needed kexts mentioned below with Pacifist.

1. Go to S\L\E and delete IOBluetoothFamily.kext & IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext
  2. (optional) Download Champlist and rebuild cache under kext utility and be sure the correct drive is selected in the upper right hand corner
    • 2013-04-08_13-48-00.png
  3. Repair Permissions via Disk Utility, then reboot
  4. After reboot, copy the extracted files back to S\L\E directory.
  5. Rebuild Cache with Champlist
  6. Repar Permissions with Disk Utility
  7. (optional) rebuild cache again with Champlist
  8. Reboot...when system comes back reconnect your bluetooth devices and all should work.

I was able to get all my devices connected and working again. To save time, I have provided the extracted kext files from the 10.8.3 Combo Update. Hope this all helps...:thumbup:

View attachment IOBluetooth_Files.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back