Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
eMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Core i7 system, 10.8.2. Running for a few years now.

Everything is working pretty peachy for quite a while now but I have one horribly aggravating issue - after someone else in the family uses my system (and we all have individual profiles), when I switch back to my main profile (which is the one used 99% of the time) my magic mouse looses ALL it's touch gestures - including scroll. No scroll is maddening!

My Apple BT keyboard functions normally, the mouse functions otherwise perfectly normal (tracks fine, clicks fine, etc), but all touch sensitivity (including the ability to sense a right click, a touch-based option as well) is gone.

Turning the mouse off and back on causes it to refuse to connect again - and then I've lost *everything*. Pulling my BT adapter yields mixed results - some of the time when I plug it back in the system will recognize it again and the keyboard will reconnect, but the mouse refuses to reconnect. Sometimes the system just refuses to recognize the adapter at all again and I'm dead in the water - I have to VNC into my system from my iPhone and reboot.

I have a second magic mouse that I have tried with the exact same results, so it's definitely not the mouse itself.

More often then not I eventually get frustrated and just reboot the system which resolves the problem...until a few days later when it happens again after someone switches profiles.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!