CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT740 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have El Capitan 10.11.4 working quite nicely, except that I haven't been able to figure out the bluetooth yet. I have a magic keyboard (2016) and a magic mouse 2; both connect well, but El Capitan does not seem to identify them correctly. No gestures work in the mouse (not even scrolling), and the keyboard function keys work in the traditional way - that is F11 works as "F11" and not as "volume down". As I said both pair fine, but when I try to "set up bluetooth keyboard" in system settings, no keyboard is found. Same for the mouse. I can type, point and click, but no "fancy" functions.

I am using an IOGear BT dongle. I tried switching to a Cirago BT, no luck. I am guessing it is a BT problem, since both the keyboard and the mouse have exactly the same issue. By the way, if I use the wired connection for the keyboard, then it works perfectly.

Any thoughts? Any help or suggestion will be much appreciated!

I have El Capitan 10.11.4 working quite nicely, except that I haven't been able to figure out the bluetooth yet. I have a magic keyboard (2016) and a magic mouse 2; both connect well, but El Capitan does not seem to identify them correctly. No gestures work in the mouse (not even scrolling), and the keyboard function keys work in the traditional way - that is F11 works as "F11" and not as "volume down". As I said both pair fine, but when I try to "set up bluetooth keyboard" in system settings, no keyboard is found. Same for the mouse. I can type, point and click, but no "fancy" functions.

I am using an IOGear BT dongle. I tried switching to a Cirago BT, no luck. I am guessing it is a BT problem, since both the keyboard and the mouse have exactly the same issue. By the way, if I use the wired connection for the keyboard, then it works perfectly.

Any thoughts? Any help or suggestion will be much appreciated!

You will most likely be better off with a official Apple WIFI/Bluetooth card but they're pricey. You can pick them up on eBay and amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back