Contribute
Register

Magic Mouse for Dual booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you got it going but another way to load Apple drivers on a Windows drive is to install the Snow Leopard DVD while in windows and open it up. From there you can choose it install 32 or 64 - bit drivers all at once or just ones you need.
I only mention it because I didn't see it in the thread anywhere.

KushKrime said:
It's working! Just booted between them 3 times each and mouse is up, running, and connected. I guess it took a few boots and re-boots to get. Kinda weird though, I was in the process of deleting and re-syncing my mouse to OS X, and when I clicked the "-" button to do so, it didn't delete but instead connected. Now I've been going back and forth between my OS's and it's working fine. o_O I want to thank you guys, and especially SJ_UnderWater for helping me out. So justruss, maybe you should give it a try, idk if it'll work between multiple OS X's, but between Windows and OS X, Boot Camp seems to have done the trick.

Killer!

I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. (I mainly keep my extra installs of OS X for backup/trouble shooting/testing purposes... I'll be thrilled to be able to switch between OS X primary and Win7!)

Cheers.

I would love to get my Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse work on my dual booth. Does this work if you are running OSX Lion ?

I had a question about whether or not it was possible to get the scrolling feature working on the magic mouse. I have been googling and "Bing-ing" how to enable the scrolling feature and it's all outdated stuff. I am told that installing the bootcamp drivers enables the feature, but I just want to install the specific driver for mouse, not the other stuff. Anyone have any ideas?

J

Ok, Edit time means update. I followed this video tutorial on youtube (I find they normally don't work and after an initial try I was sceptical because it didn't work at first. I had to rename the device "Apple Wireless Mouse" under properties>bluetooth for it to work because if I didn't the pairing code for the mouse was not 0000 as indicated in the video guide.) Other than that, seems to be working well. Scroll with the phantom scroll wheel is even working properly!

Cheers,
J

I had the same issue, and no solutions from the internet worked. But now I got it working. What I have done:
1. Clean install windows 7 x64
2. Apply all available Windows updates.
3. Insert a Mac OS X Setup DVD (10.6.3)
4. Browse to DVD:\Boot Camp\Drivers\Apple\x64 and install these files: AppleBluetoothBroadcomInstaller64.exe
AppleBluetoothEnablerInstaller64.exe
AppleBluetoothInstaller64.exe
AppleWirelessMouse64.exe
5. Go to Device Manager and open bluetooth dongle properties.
6. Select driver tab and click "update driver".
7. Select "browse my computer for driver software", and then "let me pick the driver from the list"
8. Uncheck "show compatible hardware"
9. Select "Apple, Inc" and "Apple broadcom built-in bluetooth"
10. Install it.
11. Right click on bluetooth icon in the tray and select "add device"
12. Turn on the Magic Mouse. When it appears in bluetooth window, right-click on it and select properties. Then check "drivers for mouse, kb, etc"
13. Install. Windows should connect it without asking for a code.
14. Mouse works, now cross fingers and reboot to OSX, where it should work too!

Astpr0 said:
I had the same issue, and no solutions from the internet worked. But now I got it working. What I have done:
1. Clean install windows 7 x64
2. Apply all available Windows updates.
3. Insert a Mac OS X Setup DVD (10.6.3)
4. Browse to DVD:\Boot Camp\Drivers\Apple\x64 and install these files: AppleBluetoothBroadcomInstaller64.exe
AppleBluetoothEnablerInstaller64.exe
AppleBluetoothInstaller64.exe
AppleWirelessMouse64.exe
5. Go to Device Manager and open bluetooth dongle properties.
6. Select driver tab and click "update driver".
7. Select "browse my computer for driver software", and then "let me pick the driver from the list"
8. Uncheck "show compatible hardware"

Done in a slightly different way, but same result, unless you've also got horizontal scrolling to work too. I haven't been able to get that, but perhaps if I install these drivers too. (Might also fix the occasional mouse lag)

Thanks!
9. Select "Apple, Inc" and "Apple broadcom built-in bluetooth"
10. Install it.
11. Right click on bluetooth icon in the tray and select "add device"
12. Turn on the Magic Mouse. When it appears in bluetooth window, right-click on it and select properties. Then check "drivers for mouse, kb, etc"
13. Install. Windows should connect it without asking for a code.
14. Mouse works, now cross fingers and reboot to OSX, where it should work too!

Jdutch101 said:
Done in a slightly different way, but same result, unless you've also got horizontal scrolling to work too. I haven't been able to get that, but perhaps if I install these drivers too. (Might also fix the occasional mouse lag)

Thanks!
No, horizontal scrolling doesn't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back