Graphics
R9 280X
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone gotten their Magic Mouse to work on both Mac OS and Windows? I just recently installed a 2nd HDD for Windows and everything was fine. It seems though, that whenever I switch from one OS to the other I have to delete the device and then sync it again. Real aggravating :banghead: . I'm wondering if maybe it's just my setup or if anyone else, with a similar setup, is having the same problem.

sorry, are you using bootcamp? theres an article (i wrote) in the wiki. i used to use a mighty mouse and it worked fine

its Boot Camp, under MultiBoot Systems on the wiki front page.

So I installed BootCamp 3.2 and it's the same issue. Switching between both OS's renders my Magic Mouse dead. In order to relieve the issue, I have to delete it off of either and install it again. Maybe it's the fact that it's a Magic Mouse and not a Might Mouse. Hmm. :think: Thanks anyways. I had really hope that was going to fix it. Unless you did some other tweaking I might've missed.

i assume "switching" means rebooting, so i'd look at your bluetooth drivers and dongle. is it a retail one or some small cheapie?

another possible fix is to disable the mouse and/or the bluetooth receiver in device manager, then re-enable. also it shouldnt be necessary to re-pair the devices if you're using the same receiver.

As far as I know, this topic is a revolving one-- and I've yet to see a solution.

Maybe the bootcamp thing works, but I just haven't heard of anyone with a Magic Mouse and current Apple Wireless Keyboard able to boot into OS X and Win 7 interchangeably and upon boot in either system have the mouse and keyboard connected.

In fact, I have the same problem when I boot into other installs of OS X on my hackintosh-- only the last OS instance I've paired my magic mouse to automatically connects. If I boot into my identical version of OS X or Win 7, no dice. If I pair to one of those OS installs, then my primary OS X install boots and doesn't connect to my magic mouse.

But I just keep a cheap USB keyboard and travel mouse plugged in anyway-- for this purpose, and in case I ever need to acces BIOS. Not to mention, I cannot seem to access either BIOS OR Chimera with my apple wireless keyboard.

@SJ_UnderWater. I'm actually using the IOGear GBU421. Never had a problem with it, but I'll go ahead and try you suggestions and see if disabling and re-enabling bluetooth will work.

@justruss. Ah, that bums me out! Hoped I could swap between OS X and Windows and not have to worry about plugging in a usb mouse. :thumbdown: I'll keep trying to look for a solution, but it seems like a lost cause at this point. Btw, in order to boot into BIOS you'll need a full size keyboard, because... deletekey.jpg the one highlighted in green is the equivalent to backspace on a Windows keyboard and the one in red is the actual Delete key needed for BIOS. I had the same issue, but once I found out I went out and purchased an Apple keyboard, with numerical pad.

P.s. Thanks for the input, and suggestions guys.

Attachments

• deletekey.jpg
    deletekey.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 611
Thanks Kush, for the heads up.

I had thought I read somewhere there was a key combination to emulate the delete key on a mac keyboard without one.

The bigger problem is that no matter if I can get into BIOS-- once I'm there I don't remember my wireless apple keyboard working.

Oh well. And if you find a solution... I'll be watching this thread. It would be a joy to be able to use my wireless setup on both OSs without having to pair and unpair alll the time!

It's working! Just booted between them 3 times each and mouse is up, running, and connected. I guess it took a few boots and re-boots to get. Kinda weird though, I was in the process of deleting and re-syncing my mouse to OS X, and when I clicked the "-" button to do so, it didn't delete but instead connected. Now I've been going back and forth between my OS's and it's working fine. o_O I want to thank you guys, and especially SJ_UnderWater for helping me out. So justruss, maybe you should give it a try, idk if it'll work between multiple OS X's, but between Windows and OS X, Boot Camp seems to have done the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back