i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,
what should I install that my Magic Mouse 2 works?
I use Asus BT400 dongle.
Simple, I can not connect my Magic mouse.
Bluetooth works but mouse does not work.
With my macbook pro my mouse works perfectly.
Thanks for help!
Best Regards.

Hi everyone,
what should I install that my Magic Mouse 2 works?
I use Asus BT400 dongle.
Simple, I can not connect my Magic mouse.
Bluetooth works but mouse does not work.
With my macbook pro my mouse works perfectly.
Thanks for help!
Best Regards.

Hi there,

Check the Device ID of your adapter if you can.
This seems to be the tech-spec:

0b05:17cb USB-BT400 Bluetooth Adapter [Broadcom BCM20702A]

If that is correct the adapter should work okay with your mouse. If anything different (sometimes manufacturers change their specs) there might be problems.

If yours is the same then there could be some other problem preventing connection. Does your BT section in System Preferences "see" the Magic Mouse 2 ?

There are extra Broadcom kexts available to help these problems. Check out @RehabMan 's repository here.

:)

Hi there,

Check the Device ID of your adapter if you can.
This seems to be the tech-spec:

0b05:17cb USB-BT400 Bluetooth Adapter [Broadcom BCM20702A]

If that is correct the adapter should work okay with your mouse. If anything different (sometimes manufacturers change their specs) there might be problems.

If yours is the same then there could be some other problem preventing connection. Does your BT section in System Preferences "see" the Magic Mouse 2 ?

There are extra Broadcom kexts available to help these problems. Check out @RehabMan 's repository here.

Thank you for your response! :) How do I check my device ID?
BT section in System Preferences see the Magic Mouse 2 but I can't my Mouse connect.

Thank you for your response! :) How do I check my device ID?
BT section in System Preferences see the Magic Mouse 2 but I can't my Mouse connect.

Open 'About this Mac'. Go to "System Report' then choose the Bluetooth heading. You should get something like this:

BT.png

Highlighted are the IDs (Mine is not an Asus adapter).

Yes, there is a lot of information on @RehabMan 's site. He is the one to ask about it.

You might just be able to use the - BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext - install it in Library/Extensions, to see if that helps. It might not and more work may be needed but it is a good starting-point :thumbup:

Open 'About this Mac'. Go to "System Report' then choose the Bluetooth heading. You should get something like this:

View attachment 402736

Highlighted are the IDs (Mine is not an Asus adapter).

Yes, there is a lot of information on @RehabMan 's site. He is the one to ask about it.

You might just be able to use the - BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext - install it in Library/Extensions, to see if that helps. It might not and more work may be needed but it is a good starting-point :thumbup:

To copy the >BrcmPatchRAM< in the Library/Extensions or in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others ???

To copy the >BrcmPatchRAM< in the Library/Extensions or in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others ???

1) Have you tried just BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext on its own to start with? It might be all you need.

2) The BrcmPatchRAM kext is for patching the firmware on the adapter each time the computer boots. You cannot use this at the same time as the above one.

Is everything ok here?

Attachments

• 59079141_348165902496809_8660139225477283840_n.jpg
    59079141_348165902496809_8660139225477283840_n.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back