Contribute
Register

Made my own airport card...but there are issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
customac
CPU
corei7
Graphics
nvidia GTX 550 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so I bought a BCM94322MC, and a mini-pci to pci converter. Put it all together and rebooted the system, and it acknowledges it as an airport extreme, and it connects to my wireless router fine. I can browse the net, and get pretty decent speeds, but problems arise upon trying to do anything internal to my network. For instance, if I want to print, it will tell me it cannot connect to the printer, but if I turn off my card for a moment then turn it back on, it connects and prints easily. Same thing with connecting to its file share via the network. It works for a while then quits, and when I reset the wireless it works for a while. I'm not sure what the issue is does anyone have any suggestions? I tried making sure the connections in side where good, and I tried changing the MTU, but nothing has worked.

Really? Hasn't any one a clue? or perhaps need more information to figure it out?

anyone with any other ideas?

try with ubuntu that can be run as a live cd to test the system, that way you can see if its the card or some config in the hack

Thats brilliant actually it should have occurred to me. Will ubuntu have drivers for the airport card?

Might be a bad card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back