Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a late 2007 MacPro that is on its last leg. I was thinking about using a GA Z68XP-UD4 mobo with an I7-2700K CPU that is currently am running Windoze and make it into a hackintosh. My concerns are with the MacPro case. Would the mobo I/Os align up so can access them, the power cord location seems to be somewhat problematic, etc., etc. I did find one post where someone gutted the case, removed the back panel and used sheet metal to make a new back plate. Seems to be a lot of work and I would be down on both computers for some time. Is it worth doing or should I just buy a new case?

You may want to look at your mac pro case and compare it against a powermac G5 case to help determine what would be your best course of action. Most folks who do mods on the powermac G5 cases tend to use a aluminum backplate and motherboard tray that they bolt into the G5 case, and using the tray requires cutting out the back of the case.

When done properly the tray looks great. I hope when I do mine it looks as good as the others I've seen on the forum.

I'm not saying use the tray, it's going to be your mod so you have to determine what will work best for you and your modding skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back