CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Socket 1156 Biostar TH55HD motherboard with Xeon X3450 running Mojave 10.14.4 (observed this same behavior with High Sierra 10.13.6) (system details below). Everything works perfectly except my system cold-boots on wake from sleep. The system sleeps and I can "wake" the system by clicking the USB mouse, but instead of resuming and continuing where I left-off before sleep, the system performs the BIOS Power-On Self Test and cold-boots (losing the pre-sleep state of my system). I noticed "no valid sleep image" error in bootlog, but am not sure if that's a clue. I have tried with and without USBInjectAll.kext/Custom SSDT-UAIC/EHCx->EH0x rename (currently running without USBInjectAll.kext).

I have tried various values of Darkwake without success. Other than this one issue, the system is absolutely perfect, so while this isn't a big issue, I'd like to resolve it. Thank you for any help.

System Details:
  • Mojave 10.14.4 (APFS)
  • Motherboard: Biostar TH55HD Socket 1156
  • CPU: Xeon X3450
  • CLOVER: R4920 (Legacy)
  • Model: MacPro 5,1
  • Video: NVidia 9800GT 1GB / Legacy NVidia Drivers (DosDude's Mojave Patcher)
  • Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24 (XMP)
  • SSD: 256GB HP S700 Pro (TRIM Enabled)
More details about my system are posted here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mojave-on-biostar-th55hd-socket-1156.268254/

Attachments

• Biostar-TH55HD-BIOS-Settings.pdf
    21.7 KB · Views: 115
  • debug_28507.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I found posts in tonymacx86 and in other forums where different motherboards experience the same problem. Haven't found anyone who has solved this.

Last edited:
Upgraded CLOVER (Legacy) to R4871. No change in sleep behavior (or in any other behavior).

I renamed EHCx to EH0x (in my DSDT) and added USBInjectAll.kext and a custom UIAC-SSDT. This doesn't appear to make any difference in the behavior of my USB ports, but I've standardized on practices promoted by this forum with the hope that this problem attracts some suggestions.

Did you disable hibernate?

@pastrychef - Thank you for the reply. I believe that I did. pmset -g produces the listing below. Is there anything else that I should set/confirm to make sure hibernate is disabled?

hibernatemode 0
womp 0
networkoversleep 0
sleep 180
Sleep On Power Button 1
ttyskeepawake 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
autorestart 0
disksleep 10
displaysleep 10

@pastrychef - Thank you for the reply. I believe that I did. pmset -g produces the listing below. Is there anything else that I should set/confirm to make sure hibernate is disabled?

hibernatemode 0
womp 0
networkoversleep 0
sleep 180
Sleep On Power Button 1
ttyskeepawake 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
autorestart 0
disksleep 10
displaysleep 10

Please see here for on instruction to disable hibernate.

Please see here for on instruction to disable hibernate.
Thank you, @pastrychef - those are the instructions I followed to disable hibernate. Specifically, I did the following (and just redid to be sure) but still have the reboot on wake problem:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage sudo pmset -a standby 0 sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Thank you, @pastrychef - those are the instructions I followed to disable hibernate. Specifically, I did the following (and just redid to be sure) but still have the reboot on wake problem:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage sudo pmset -a standby 0 sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

I don't know what else to try. I have never tried to hackintosh a Xeon system so I don't know what's involved in getting power management right on them.

I don't know what else to try. I have never tried to hackintosh a Xeon system so I don't know what's involved in getting power management right on them.
OK. Thank you for trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back