Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys :wave:, I posted pictures of my Mac Pro 2009 in 2016, I tried to update my old post but unfortunately it is closed(link of old thread), so I posted another one,
here it is with refreshed components and other pictures:
- Msi H310M PRO-VD PLUS
- i5 9400F
- 16gigs of DDR4 2666
- Nvidia GT710 from Gigabyte
- TP Link WD4800
- Pci USB3 card

I installed Mojave and everything is working like a charm, I even used the stock wifi antenna of the case with a few soldering

IMG20210708195603.jpg

In the old post, I used the stock fan of the Mac Pro but unfortunately, they were no longer silent, so I change everything with Arctic Fan

IMG20210708194625.jpg

The black plate is here only for wifi routing and power for the pci express usb card

IMG20210708193819.jpg

I used 2 extension cable for the motherboard and I made a back plane with metal for the sata hard drive

IMG20210703152748.jpg

Im working right now on the rear I/O and I will post more pictures soon.

Hi! nice build
I have a MacPro 3.0 case, got a micro-ATX to fit... but I wonder if a regular ATX old fit? Did you tried with other bigger MBs?

Hi! nice build
I have a MacPro 3.0 case, got a micro-ATX to fit... but I wonder if a regular ATX old fit? Did you tried with other bigger MBs?

I have fit a standard ATX case in a mac pro case but there is literally a hairline of space on the sides of the board. The spot where you plug in your jumper cables will most likely be blocked by metal for the hard drive so you will need to trim that. I don't recommend it, not without removing the hard drive section. I did it for a couple years but its very stressful aligning the board.

Hi! nice build
Hi, yeah i tried before a mini ATX (4 PCie slot max), if you want to install a regular ATX, you have to remove the HDD tray and move the PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back