Graphics
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD6570 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm a noob at tinkering with Mac OSX hardware, and I'm in need of some advice/assistance:

The video card in my Mac Pro 1,1 (2006, 2x2.66gHz Xeon quad-cores - total 8x cores, 10 GB RAM, 2TB HDDs) was recently upgraded to a PC-based Sapphire Radeon HD6570 1GB. It's been plug and-play, and I've got it connected to my TV via HDMI, as I want.

However, it's not showing the boot screen, as I've read about in other forums online, and would like to dual boot it with Windows 7. I'd also like to boot OSX 10.7.5 into a 64-bit Kernel, but I'm not exactly sure how to do so.

I've read several posts about flashing these cards so that they will show the boot screen, but have not been able to find anything related to this particular video card and I'm not 100% sure how to do that. I've also read posts about using Chameleon bootloader to boot into the 64-bit kernel, and these posts make me think that using Chameleon would resolve the problem with the boot screen.

Yes? No? Can somebody please help educate me?

The end result I'm trying to achieve is to use this as a dual-booted HTPC. (It's currently a single-boot Mac OSX 10.7.5 HTPC, working great once it's past the boot screen).

I am in the same boat as you are in. I just upgraded the CPUs and put a Nvidia 560 ti graphics card in.

Having a hard time installing windows 7 64bit

Also, will chameleon display a boot select screen, what about something like bootchamp?

I'm a noob at tinkering with Mac OSX hardware, and I'm in need of some advice/assistance:

The video card in my Mac Pro 1,1 (2006, 2x2.66gHz Xeon quad-cores - total 8x cores, 10 GB RAM, 2TB HDDs) was recently upgraded to a PC-based Sapphire Radeon HD6570 1GB. It's been plug and-play, and I've got it connected to my TV via HDMI, as I want.

However, it's not showing the boot screen, as I've read about in other forums online, and would like to dual boot it with Windows 7. I'd also like to boot OSX 10.7.5 into a 64-bit Kernel, but I'm not exactly sure how to do so.

I've read several posts about flashing these cards so that they will show the boot screen, but have not been able to find anything related to this particular video card and I'm not 100% sure how to do that. I've also read posts about using Chameleon bootloader to boot into the 64-bit kernel, and these posts make me think that using Chameleon would resolve the problem with the boot screen.

Yes? No? Can somebody please help educate me?

The end result I'm trying to achieve is to use this as a dual-booted HTPC. (It's currently a single-boot Mac OSX 10.7.5 HTPC, working great once it's past the boot screen).

For booting a "real" Mac 64 bit see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3770 and first determine if you can boot 64 bit or not. Then see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3773

For the gfx card, I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back