Contribute
Register

MacPro 1,1 asus type-c pcie card compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm looking for some advice regarding this asus USB 3.1 type-C PCIE card (asus 90MC03D0-M0EAY0).
My question is if this is compatible with my MacPro 1,1?
What i mean by that is that technically it should be;
(The only limitation i see is the PCIE slots on the computer are gen 2, so max read/write speeds will be around 300 MBps but thats not an issue.)
Question is if it will; I assume i would need some special drivers, since i don't think it would be supported natively by OSX.
Thanks for answers in advance! :)
(I'm not a complete noob on the subject but the most fancy PCIE stuff i installed on Mac were some GPUs so far, so I don't have much knowledge about USB cards under macOS.)

Hi,
I'm looking for some advice regarding this asus USB 3.1 type-C PCIE card (asus 90MC03D0-M0EAY0).
My question is if this is compatible with my MacPro 1,1?
What i mean by that is that technically it should be;
(The only limitation i see is the PCIE slots on the computer are gen 2, so max read/write speeds will be around 300 MBps but thats not an issue.)
Question is if it will; I assume i would need some special drivers, since i don't think it would be supported natively by OSX.
Thanks for answers in advance! :)
(I'm not a complete noob on the subject but the most fancy PCIE stuff i installed on Mac were some GPUs so far, so I don't have much knowledge about USB cards under macOS.)

My guess would be that it is not compatible with your Apple system. The ASUS web site says:

"[1] XHCI Mode supported

[2] The USB 3.1 add-on card is only compatible with selected ASUS motherboards. Please refer to www.asus.com for the latest list of compatible models.

[3] To fully support the USB 3.1 function, please refer to www. asus.com to update to the latest BIOS version."

Find the motherboard list here: http://www.asus.com/microsite/mb/best_usb31_solutions/

They repeat that it takes both ASUS BIOS update and a ASUS Windows driver.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back