Contribute
Register

macOS10.12.4 Wake up black screen(Only backlight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I still have this issue with correct ACPI files, PM and disabled discreet graphics (I have this issue before disabling discreet graphics, so I think it's not related to disabling discreet patches).

Here's the PR files.

Does sleep/wake work with 10.12.3?

Note: HECI should be renamed to IMEI.

Does sleep/wake work with 10.12.3?

Note: HECI should be renamed to IMEI.
I have no idea, I never had 10.12.3, installed 10.12.4.

Is there a hot patch for HECI -> IMEI? I checked your final config file and it's not there. Is it related to Add IMEI patch?

I also haven't applied those patches below as it wasn't the TP500LA guide. Any of them related sleep and might be the cause?

"SMBUS Fix"
"Add IMEI"
"RTC Fix"
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"Fix _WAK IAOE" (new patch)

Thanks

Last edited:
I have no idea, I never had 10.12.3, installed 10.12.4.

Current thought is this is something changed/broken in 10.12.3->10.12.4.
If you have 10.12.3, you should check.

Is there a hot patch for HECI -> IMEI?

Yes.

I checked your final config file and it's not there.

No idea what you mean by "final config file".
It is in the guide plists for Skylake/KabyLake.

Is it related to Add IMEI patch?

No. That is for adding a missing IMEI, not renaming incorrectly named IMEI.

Current thought is this is something changed/broken in 10.12.3->10.12.4.
If you have 10.12.3, you should check.
I don't. I'm planning to update to 10.12.6 right now. Btw, Should I install lilu kext prior to update? Is it required for non Skylake/KabyLake GPUs?

No idea what you mean by "final config file".
It is in the guide plists for Skylake/KabyLake.
It's the latest config file on GitHub.

OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist

I also haven't applied those patches below as it wasn't in the TP500LA guide. Any of them related sleep and might be the cause?

"SMBUS Fix"
"Add IMEI"
"RTC Fix"
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"

Thanks

I found this one:
Code:
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>10.11+-Rename-HECI2IMEI</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>SEVDSQ==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>SU1FSQ==</data>
                </dict>
            </array>
        </dict>
    </dict>
It gives me invalid hexadecimal data for data object error. And you post under it says

Note that some Skylake hardware uses MEI instead of HECI/IMEI.

Find: <4d45495f>
Replace: <494d4549>
So, this is (your Find/Replace data) the rename that I should add config/dsdt/patches, right?

I added HECI/IMEI rename to config file. Rebooted with kextcaches rebult but still blank screen. It also cannot be rebooted with Ctrl + Power then R shortcut. But turning Caps Lock on/off is working. We could tell if a windows pc crashed/frozen or not by checking Caps Lock, I don't know if it's same for the Mac.

So, what is your suggestion? Should I send new PR files?

I added HECI/IMEI rename to config file. Rebooted with kextcaches rebult but still blank screen. It also cannot be rebooted with Ctrl + Power then R shortcut. But turning Caps Lock on/off is working. We could tell if a windows pc crashed/frozen or not by checking Caps Lock, I don't know if it's same for the Mac.

So, what is your suggestion? Should I send new PR files?

Capslock LED indication does involve running code (in VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext), so if the capslock indicator still switches when pressed, then the computer is not completely crashed.

You might try an external monitor to see if the system is still alive, as it may be an issue specifically with the internal display.

Capslock LED indication does involve running code (in VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext), so if the capslock indicator still switches when pressed, then the computer is not completely crashed.

You might try an external monitor to see if the system is still alive, as it may be an issue specifically with the internal display.

I don't have external monitor to test it now. However, how about applying those patches to DSDT below? _WAK ones sound like related to sleep?

"SMBUS Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"

I don't have external monitor to test it now. However, how about applying those patches to DSDT below? _WAK ones sound like related to sleep?

"SMBUS Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"

Before looking for a solution, you need more information on the exact nature of the problem with sleep.

"SMBUS Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"

Before looking for a solution, you need more information on the exact nature of the problem with sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back