Contribute
Register

macOS10.12.4 Wake up black screen(Only backlight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use remote desktop or an external monitor to collect the required files...

As I said I did the change with Clover boot options on boot, I didn't edit config.plist file, so a simple reset makes the OS working again. Just tell me changing values on boot is a right way to try things? Is there a difference between doing the change via options on boot and editing config.plist?

Thanks.

As I said I did the change with Clover boot options on boot, I didn't edit config.plist file, so a simple reset makes the OS working again. Just tell me changing values on boot is a right way to try things? Is there a difference between doing the change via options on boot and editing config.plist?

Thanks.

If you have a configuration that works, why are you wanting to change it?
If you wish to add a note regarding what you're changing in the Clover GUI, then the files you submit will still be useful in determining what you're doing (I can detect in ioreg that you've set a different ig-platform-id via the Clover GUI, but it helps to have confirmation when I'm looking at your files trying to correlate).

If you have a configuration that works, why are you wanting to change it?
If you wish to add a note regarding what you're changing in the Clover GUI, then the files you submit will still be useful in determining what you're doing (I can detect in ioreg that you've set a different ig-platform-id via the Clover GUI, but it helps to have confirmation when I'm looking at your files trying to correlate).
I think there is a misunderstanding. I have the black screen with only backlight issue when the system wakes up from sleep. If I don't let it sleep, I'm not effected by the issue. When I saw the thread, I thought maybe changing that value fixes my issue too, since I have the same graphics and wanted to quickly test it with clover boot options/gui on boot.

The problem is, when I changed it I couldn't even see the login screen. Since I'm still a newbie, I don't know even know how to do the change properly. For instance, should I change it like
*-platform-id:16260004_
or
*-platform-id:16260004
or
*-platform-id:0x16260004
So, I tried all of them and everytime I got blank/black screen with backlight on after apple logo. Which one is the correct way to do it btw?

I don't have a separate monitor with hdmi support nor I know how to remote desktop from PC to MAC that has login with password. (I did checked it via google, it seems there is a 3rd party app to do it but you cannot do it without physically loging on to Mac.)

Anyways, this can wait for now. Thanks for the replies though.

I think there is a misunderstanding. I have the black screen with only backlight issue when the system wakes up from sleep. If I don't let it sleep, I'm not effected by the issue. When I saw the thread, I thought maybe changing that value fixes my issue too, since I have the same graphics and wanted to quickly test it with clover boot options/gui on boot.

The problem is, when I changed it I couldn't even see the login screen. Since I'm still a newbie, I don't know even know how to do the change properly. For instance, should I change it like
or
or
So, I tried all of them and everytime I got blank/black screen with backlight on after apple logo. Which one is the correct way to do it btw?

I don't have a separate monitor with hdmi support nor I know how to remote desktop from PC to MAC that has login with password. (I did checked it via google, it seems there is a 3rd party app to do it but you cannot do it without physically loging on to Mac.)

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

or
or

What are you talking about? You do not to use fake if or something else, you need only change your ig-platform
For me, 16260006 doesn't work at all, so I couldn't boot to os..

What are you talking about? You do not to use fake if or something else, you need only change your ig-platform
For me, 16260006 doesn't work at all, so I couldn't boot to os..
That's what I actually did, changed ig-platform from Clover GUI on boot but the question is how? You and others mentioned changing platform-id with "16260004" and on another post someone said "0x16260004". Since I'm not a coder but a designer, I don't know how and I just tried both of them. Original value looks like "16260004_" with an underscore at the end in the Clover GUI, so I've tried changing the value in all 3 different format, just digits, with "0x" prefix and with underscore at the end but none worked. So, basically my system doesn't boot at all if I change it to 04. It works with 06 but if I allow it to sleep, when wakes up, I get blank screen and I have to reset the laptop to make it work again (since I'm doing the change with temporary Clover GUI).

That's what I actually did, changed ig-platform from Clover GUI on boot but the question is how? You and others mentioned changing platform-id with "16260004" and on another post someone said "0x16260004". Since I'm not a coder but a designer, I don't know how and I just tried both of them. Original value looks like "16260004_" with an underscore at the end in the Clover GUI, so I've tried changing the value in all 3 different format, just digits, with "0x" prefix and with underscore at the end but none worked. So, basically my system doesn't boot at all if I change it to 04. It works with 06 but if I allow it to sleep, when wakes up, I get blank screen and I have to reset the laptop to make it work again (since I'm doing the change with temporary Clover GUI).

If 0x16260004 doesn't work, you should keep using 0x16260006.

Maybe you didn't implement backlight control correctly, or something else is wrong...

I have the same issue with my laptop ,i7 hd 5500 since update system to 10.12.5,and now in 10.13.the issue still appeal
.just wake up with black light.

Hi, I still have this issue with correct ACPI files, PM and disabled discreet graphics (I have this issue before disabling discreet graphics, so I think it's not related to disabling discreet patches).

Here's the PR files.

Attachments

• AEs Problem Reporting For Waking up blank screen.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back